APX is Europe’s leading pre-seed VC for very early-stage startups. We are looking for an Investment Manager with 1-2 years of experience in Venture Capital. Starting date: as soon as possible.
Based in Berlin, APX invests across industries in the best founding teams building digital startups – often as their first investor. In addition to our financial investment, we provide startups with tailor-made support to secure follow-on financing. APX’s two investors are Axel Springer and Porsche. Since 2018, we have invested in 70+ companies with founders from 20+ countries together with 100+ co-investors.
About your role
We’re looking for an Investment Manager for our team. Joining APX and shaping our growth story, you will develop your profile as an investor. You will have the opportunity to gain extensive deal experience and build your network of investors and the whole startup ecosystem. Additionally, APX team members contribute to our team operations depending on their individual skills.
What you’ll be working on
Your main scope of work will be working with our portfolio companies and helping them to build their financing rounds. You will be part of the whole journey of the companies with APX: from selection through several financing rounds until the exit. The split between your work as an investor and potential contributions on operations will be subject to your interests, our needs, and our discussions during the application process.
- Investments: sourcing new investment opportunities, building investment conviction, executing investment rounds from Pre-Seed to Series A and beyond, building and extending the APX investors network, and working with the founders throughout their fundraising and growth, including exits
- Operations: this depends on your particular skill set. Your scope of work can relate to our investor network, APX portfolio data streams, or our tech stack. We will discuss this during the application process.
Whom we’re looking for
We encourage smart, fast learners to apply, that have excelled in academia and/or in their first job. We expect you to have gained first experience in Venture Capital.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive “can-do” attitude
- Ability and willingness to own topics and drive them forward, while being a team player at heart
- A positive, open-minded, curious, and hands-on mentality
- A structured way of working and navigating smartly through projects and processes in a dynamic environment
- Self-reflective and able to continuously challenge and improve methods and implement effective learning loops
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English (and any additional EU language is beneficial)
APX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress or speak, or whom they love, believe in, or aspire. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.
What we offer
- Enjoy and use substantial creative freedom to carry out smart ideas
- Become part of a forward-thinking, cooperative, international, and diverse team of colleagues
- Work from a high-energy, fast-moving office location or remotely
- Connect with hungry founders at the forefront of technology
- Build and engage with a comprehensive network of stakeholders, including investors, shareholders, mentors, and experts
- A competitive package
Join us on our mission to build a better future for digital startups building a better future for all of us.
Send us your application via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include:
1) A few sentences on why you’d like to work at APX in this role
2) Your CV
3) The earliest date on which you can join
We look forward to hearing from you!