Mach49 is a Growth Incubator for global businesses. We partner with our clients to disrupt existing markets and create new ones through a strategic mix of incubations, corporate venturing and ecosystem creation.
We are now seeking a C-Level executive to lead a new venture we are incubating with, a large global brand.
This individual is the acting CEO for the incubation, accountable for constructing the overall business plan, establishing business priorities, filling key positions on the team, and overseeing the process of early customer identification and engagement. In addition, they will manage the relationship with the client Venture Board and other stakeholders in the parent company. As the incubation moves to completion and launch, this role has the opportunity to transition into the CEO for the venture.
We are seeking an experienced start-up executive with a track record that demonstrates strong strategic sales, business, operational, and management skills.
● Provide the leadership and vision to develop the business and operating plan for the venture
● Oversee the successful build out of the incubation team from a candidate pool of internal and external applicants
● Identify early prospects and map out a strategy to understand their needs and, ultimately, evolve them into revenue producing customers
● Provide leadership in project planning, management, and oversight for all the team’s activities and team member management throughout the incubation.
● Leverage the competitive advantages and key assets of the sponsor company, and key partners, to further the business objectives of the venture
● Manage the relationship between the startup and its New Venture Board and other stakeholders within the sponsor company
● Act as the primary spokesperson for the new business
● 7+ years managing a team
● 5+ years of experience managing and/or leading teams
● 5+ years in a senior operating role with P&L responsibility
● 2+ years of experience in the target industry
● Founder or early-stage C-level experience, including raising capital
● Domain expertise and passion around the focus area
● Ability to work successfully within small, unstructured teams
● Self-starter with an ability to work independently
● Hands on position where you will roll up your sleeves and work as a team member
● Excellent Presentation and Communications skills.
● Proven track record of successfully managing multiple, complex projects
● Ability to work effectively with, and across, multiple, siloed corporate groups
● Capable of interacting with people from all levels of the sponsor company
Contract Type: 3-4 Month Contract with the potential to transition to Full Time
If interested, please apply here.