The Delta Hangar Ventures team plays a key role in developing and executing corporate innovation initiatives that contribute to Delta Air Lines’ market leadership and growth. The team invests in innovative, early to growth stage, entrepreneurial companies to accelerate Delta’s strategic advantage and learning through differentiation, cost reduction, and new revenue channels. Team members work with officers and business leaders across the company to execute equity investments, both domestically and internationally, and to foster the success of Delta’s portfolio companies by leveraging the unique resources and insights across Delta.
In this exciting opportunity, the Venture Development Lead will be an integral part of the Delta Ventures team with emphasis on sourcing new investments and will play a key role in the day-to-day, evaluation and execution of deals including strategic analysis, due diligence, valuation, structuring, and negotiations through to closing.
As The Venture Development Lead, Responsibilities Include
- Develop investment thesis around strategic areas and conduct market and industry analysis
- Lead the full lifecycle management of the deal pipeline including sourcing, evaluating, due diligence, transacting, deal closing, analyzing financial terms, and managing investments
- Proactively identify attractive investment opportunities, meet and qualify startups, and maintain strong relations with the venture and entrepreneurial communities
- Monitor the venture landscape, manage and report on the active pipeline
- Work closely with internal and external partners to execute investments and make recommendations to the investment committee
- Communicate the business impact and ensure the right resources are available and engaged to quickly make investment decisions
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technical or scientific field OR equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years previous experience in venture capital, investment banking, strategic consulting or operating experience at a venture-backed startup
- Analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations and to provide thought leadership
- An established network within the venture, technology, and/or entrepreneurial community
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate with others and drive results
- Intellectual curiosity with a demonstrated aptitude for understanding strategic investments and new technologies
- A strong leadership ability and a track record of achieving challenging objectives
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t represent him/herself for personal gain.
If interested, please apply here.