Plexo Capital is an institutional investor allocating capital globally throughout the full stack of investing opportunities within the global technology startup ecosystem. We invest into emerging venture capital (VC) funds and early-stage companies.
The Investor in Residence Program is a paid position with a competitive salary, spanning three months with a goal of providing deep insight into the world of technology investing from raising capital from Limited Partners (LPs), deploying capital commitments to VC funds and investing directly into early stage companies. In the three months, our Investor in Residence will gain exposure to nearly every aspect of the Plexo Capital operations allowing the successful candidate to see the full stack of the investment ecosystem through Plexo Capital’s unique model and approach. The goal is to position participants for a job in venture capital through the Plexo Capital Network which includes VC firms where Plexo Capital has made an LP commitment, VC firms that have invested into Plexo Capital as an LP + VC firms where the Plexo Capital team has a relationship. Of course, there is also the possibility of joining the Plexo Capital team as well depending on the goals of the candidate and our needs.
- Market research to assist with the identification of new investment trends and opportunities
- Meet with prospective General Partners (GPs) and prospective companies to consider for investment
- Summarize notes from calls + maintain database of prospective GPs + companies
- Assist with the due diligence process for prospective investments into VC funds + companies
- Provide support to our data + analytics team with valuation analysis + portfolio construction
- Prepare internal investment committee memorandums
- Bachelors degree in computer science or business administration; Masters degree in computer science or business administration (preferred but not required)
- Minimum of four years of experience in product management, investment banking, management consulting, venture capital or private equity.
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced function
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Keynote/Powerpoint presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- This position is remote and requires availability during business hours in the Pacific Time Zone
- Full time position for three months
If interested, please apply here.