- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of work experience in venture capital, investment banking and/or management consulting in the technology industry
- Experience identifying, sourcing and engaging potential investment opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, science or related technical field
- Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Internet, Incubator/Accelerator, angel investing and/or technology industry experience
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, business judgment and work ethic
- Passionate about helping new technology grow at scale to change the world for the better
About the job
Gradient Ventures is a venture fund investing in promising, early-stage startups, providing AI innovators with funding, resources, and dedicated access to excellent people and practices in AI. The fund focuses on helping founders navigate technical challenges in developing AI-based products.
As an Investor on the Gradient Ventures team, you focus on assessing investments and contribute key insights to drive intelligent investment decisions. You represent Gradient Ventures and its portfolio in meetings with leaders at Google and externally, and you cultivate relationships with key partners based on a deep understanding of Gradient Ventures portfolio companies. You also work collaboratively across functions (including Legal, Finance, Marketing, PR/Communications and People Operations). You provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is – and what could be. By supporting the development of relationships with rising stars in the tech community, venture capital firms and investment banks, you help grow Gradient Ventures.
- Support the execution of transactions including both internal and third-party due diligence, structuring and facilitations, and transaction documentation
- Work with the investment team to identify and develop investment theses, provide financial analysis of potential investments and track agreement sourcing activities and pipeline of new investment opportunities
- Perform initial review and preparation of summary materials for potential new investment opportunities
- Advise and mentor start-ups with supervision
- Monitor financial performance of select portfolio companies
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
If interested, please apply here.