Want to spend your summer interning at a company that is consistently rated as one of the best places to work in the country? Is this a rhetorical question?
The Motley Fool is a multimedia financial services company that provides financial solutions for investors through various stock, investing, and personal finance services. We’ve been on the block for about 27 years and have honed a reputation for producing industry-leading work in a nationally recognized workplace. In 2018, The Motley Fool created a venture capital business to invest in amazing private companies, applying our skills as investors and operators to assist these companies while giving our Foolish members access to a hard-to-reach asset class.
If you love investing and pride yourself on your entrepreneurial spirit, we invite you to join our Venture Fund team, where your understanding of the financial world will grow exponentially. You’ll learn about venture capital fundamentals such as term sheets, capitalization tables, company valuations, and more. You’ll build models for potential investments, collaborate with the team to research companies and industry trends, work with analysts across the company, and make the world Smarter, Happier, and RIcher.
The world of investing is huge, so you don’t need to know the ins and outs of everything that’s ever been written about investing. We want someone who is passionate about finance and business and not afraid to admit what they don’t know! We also believe in the value of fresh perspectives and different opinions – we want to learn from you throughout the summer as well.
You’ll be challenged and mentored by some of our greatest visionaries, and in turn, you’ll develop a business-focused, forward-thinking mindset that sets you apart from your peers. We’re excited to open our doors for Summer 2021 Venture Fund Intern applicants, so send us your most Foolishly written cover letter and your ultra-impressive resume. We’re prepared to be wowed!
What you will be doing:
- Hourly, paid program lasting approximately 8 weeks, starting in early June.
- Learn and apply analysis methodologies for valuing private companies.
- Be introduced to a multi-disciplinary approach to thinking about businesses and investing.
- Help to create financial models for potential investments.
- Attend private company and VC-focused events to broaden our network and identify potential investment opportunities.
- Complete ad hoc projects with the Venture Fund team and team partners.
- Laugh, learn, and grow professionally and personally.
What you should bring to the table:
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn from others and accept constructive criticism in the pursuit of self-improvement.
- A strong interest in business and investing.
- Basic Excel skills. (There may or may not be a test!)
- Interest in conducting online research across various subjects.
- Ability to communicate clearly and engagingly.
- Flexibility and impressive critical thinking skills.
- Comfort with a virtual work environment (we’re in Zoom mode until further notice!)
If interested, please apply here.