SWAT Equity Partners is a venture capital firm formed to discover and invest in emerging consumer brands across various product, service and commerce sectors. SWAT is leveraging its partners’ extensive operating, investment and financial experience to identify innovative consumer brands and prudently accelerate their growth. The fund is based in New York and invests in Seed – Series A stage companies. To learn more, please visit ourwebsite.
About the Role:
SWAT Equity Partners is looking to select highly entrepreneurial MBA candidates to join the SWAT Equity team this summer. Summer Associates will focus on investment opportunity pipeline management, evaluation, due diligence, working with our portfolio, and supporting the fundraising process for our second fund. Previous experience in a finance, consulting, or research-focused role is preferred.
The role will require the candidate to evaluate segments of the consumer sector, conduct analysis of industry trends, and deep dive (both quantitatively and qualitatively) into the business models of pipeline opportunities and current portfolio companies.
This will be a paid position. Details to be discussed with qualified candidates.
Intern Associates will gain:
- First-hand experience with the venture capital sourcing, vetting, and investment process
- Insight into the financial operations behind running a VC fund
- Direct exposure to the VC community, through representing SWAT Equity Partners in founder meetings, conferences, and networking events
- Previous experience working in consulting, investment banking, equity research, or private equity with the ability to analyze industry trends and company performance
- Experience conducting financial statement analysis, analyzing industry trends, and holistically evaluating company performance through multi-dimensional means
- Self-driven, eager to proactively source deals, and has a genuine curiosity for the venture capital landscape
Deadline to submit applications: May 7, 2021
To Submit Your Resume for Consideration:
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the topics below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What are 2-3 consumer brands that excite you and why?
- What makes a company a compelling venture capital investment opportunity?
- What interests you about SWAT Equity Partners?