Seedstars is a global organisation with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedstars International is a growing global seed stage investment fund with over 50 portfolio companies. We invest through batches via the Growth Program (post-acceleration program focused on implementing a growth methodology) and support the top percentile of companies through their next funding rounds. We invest across all sectors but have a focus on FinTech, EdTech, HealthTech and AgTech.
About the job
We are looking for an analyst to join the Investment team and help support our sourcing, acceleration and monitoring activities. This is a role which can be done either from our global office in Porto, or remote.
- Primarily the candidate will support fund operations, manage deal flow and screen startups based on specific parameters, innovation objectives, and investment criteria.
- Additional support will be required in relation to the organisation and execution of the growth program (content preparation, managing mentors, logistics)
- Depending on the period, additional support will be required with financial modelling, market analysis and due diligence.
- Passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets
- Financial acumen and strong analytical skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheet expert) and an understanding of key startup metrics
- Flexibility & International exposure – This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details (at the question “please describe who you are in a tweet” start your answer with the word “kiskil”)
- Strong belief in getting things done – We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen.
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
If interested, please apply here.