Our mission at Riot Ventures is to be the premier provider of capital to entrepreneurs leveraging hard technologies for automation, advanced capabilities and human augmentation in large physical industries. While we’re constantly evaluating new sectors and technologies of interest, our core areas of expertise are robotics, digital manufacturing, biomanufacturing, defense tech, construction automation, communications/datacenter infrastructure, applied AI and logistics.
The summer fellowship position will comprise a 10-week instructional learning program in venture capital. You will get comprehensive exposure to the entire value chain in the venture capital industry. Activities will range from helping to source/evaluate new investment opportunities, to working with existing portfolio companies and establishing new areas of focus for the firm.
The purpose of this summer fellowship program is for participants to learn about Riot’s business and to gain valuable insight and experience in venture capital and startups.
– Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
– Passion for technology and science proven by professional or academic achievements in engineering, computer science, math, life sciences or another related discipline
– Current university student
– Interested in learning about the startup ecosystem and/or entrepreneurship
– Self motivated and intellectually curious
Areas of focus will include:
– Cutting-edge manufacturing technologies (e.g., additive manufacturing, biomanufacturing, etc…).
– Energy and the development of the natural resources industry.
– Advanced automation and robotics solutions for complex problems.
– AI/ML, edge computing, and complex data manipulation.
– IoT and integrated measurement/analytics solutions,
– We will have weekly meetings to discuss market trends and developments. These will be supported by one-on-one meetings with Riot staff to build and develop your skill sets.
– You will source early stage deals to contribute to the Riot deal flow.
– You will perform technical due diligence on Riot deal flow, in which you will evaluate prospective investments. This will include participating in pitch calls and evaluating market trends.
– The expected time commitment will be 5-10 hrs/week
– Riot Ventures is headquartered in Los Angeles, but this role will be entirely remote for summer 2021
– This is an unpaid position
If you have any questions, please contact either Ari Rosner (email@example.com) or Andrew Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org).Application: https://airtable.com/shraIgG1oIllDPe6I