Plug and Play is a leading global innovation platform. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, we run accelerator programs, corporate innovation services, and a venture capital arm. Together these programs are a catalyst for technological innovation. Since inception in 2006, Plug and Play has expanded worldwide to over 20 locations globally, giving startups the necessary resources to succeed in Silicon Valley and beyond. Plug and Play’s innovation platform connects over 10,000 startups and over 280 corporate partners. We invest in startups across the world, alongside elite venture capital firms. Startups in our community have raised over $7 billion in funding, with successful portfolio exits including Guardant Health, Dropbox, Honey, and PayPal.
Portfolio Analyst Summer Intern
Plug and Play is seeking an entry-level Portfolio Analyst intern. The Portfolio Analyst intern will gain valuable business and legal experience analyzing the performance of Plug and play’s many investment verticals and providing the data in neat and informative reports. The work will be complex and challenging, but the reward will be highly marketable skills for recent graduates who are interested in finance, venture capital, law, business, or technology.
The Portfolio Analyst intern will work within Plug and Play’s Legal Department but it is not required for applicants to have a legal background! The Portfolio Analyst intern will be involved in multiple aspects of the startup/venture capital world. People with a variety of interests can gain great experience that will translate into diverse fields.
- Input data into Excel, Google Sheets, and Playbook (Plug and Play’s proprietary investment management software)
- Generating status reports and maintaining complex excel charts that track investment portfolio data
- Ensure Plug and Play’s investment data is reported to Pitchbook, CBinsights, and Crunchbase accurately and on time
- And all general office/administrative duties that are required for this position
- As knowledge and experience increases, take ownership of new and different requests and add value through new job skills and accomplishments
The ideal candidate:
- Working towards to a bachelor degree with one or more semesters remaining
- Finance, MIS, Economics and Business Majors preferred
- Excellent written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Excel and Google sheets (VLOOKUP, Index and Match, IF functions)
- Proficient in polite chitchat
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Self-starting and able to work without much supervision
- Able to understand and synthesize complex ideas
If interested, please apply here.