We’re looking for the crazy ones that are going to change the world.
Newchip is a global virtual startup accelerator with a goal of providing world changing early stage startups with the tools, skills, and mentorship and networks necessary to successfully raise, build, and scale their businesses to eventual acquisition.
We’re a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we’re looking for the next member of our team.We’ve funded over $150M into companies and are looking for entrepreneurial oriented individuals who are in it for the long-haul to truly assist startups and create investment returns to our investors.If you’re looking to make a difference, we’re here to provide the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality.
Mission Statement: We deliver results and set the standard for entrepreneurs and investors everywhere.
That being said, we’re a 100% personal meritocracy so before we move forward do you fit our core company values?
- Personal Integrity – We take ownership for our responsibilities and do what we say we will do no matter what.
- Humble & Coachable – We have respect for authority and experience, but also a hunger for constant feedback.
- Self Motivation – We strive to learn, grow, and constantly improve ourselves so that we can contribute to the team.
- Gritty Resolve – We face down all adversity, we take all criticism, and we get knocked down, but we always get back up.
- Passionately Ambitious – We put everything into our work because accomplishing the team goal, equals personal success.
- You have experience with startups and venture capital
- You have a passion for startups and world changing technologies
- You are analytical and can do independent research
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone
About Our Internships
We offer Summer, Semester, and 1-Year MBA (with a preference for 1-year candidates), with the top interns offered roles upon internship completion to run new company initiatives and or work in our advisory division with our portfolio, or with our venture fund for investments. We accept only the top percentile of candidates and you must be able to devote at minimum 20 hours per week while in school or up to full-time for recent graduates. We are flexible with schedules and hire driven self starters on-site and for remote positions. Note that this internship is to intern with Newchip, if you’d like to apply to intern at our startup portfolio please apply here: https://launch.newchip.com/intern-with-our-startup…
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge and most importantly a passion to learn and be involved in various company processes from both a strategic and execution standpoint. To be successful in this role, you should have more than a basic knowledge of the startup/entrepreneurship scene, finance, software and technology.
During the internship, depending on your background you may be offered an internship with a department, on a specific product or revenue line, or even in one of our incubated companies or investments. From day one, you will work on cross functional and departmental projects learning skills from operations, advisory, marketing, investment and finance.
At a core you may be also be responsible for nurturing companies through the selection process, completing due diligence, and assisting Newchip and its partners select companies for our portfolios in addition to running panels, expert workshops, and other live content/programming as part of our conferences, summits, or daily accelerator schedule.
This internship will propel your career opportunities forward by giving you exposure and real responsibility to make an impact on a growing team as well as prepare you to be a Venture Associate at our firm or others. Prior interns have spent time supporting portfolio companies by assisting with financial models, pitch presentations, and even been offered jobs at our startups.
Note- that a video cover letter via Vimeo or Youtube is preferred over a paper cover letter in the application process.
- You will advise our portfolio companies meet the challenges of scaling their businesses by assisting them source relevant networks of executives for hire, partners/service-providers, as well as investors.
- You will identify, research, and assist the venture team in recruiting and selecting our portfolio of companies, while assisting to nurture new companies through the application and accelerator program.
- You will have the opportunity to perform due diligence research on potential portfolio companies, design and execute marketing and biz-dev plans, attend business related events and conferences, and observe applicant company pitches.
- You will assist organize meaningful events for our portfolio during the accelerator process, ultimately bringing industry leaders together to share what they know with our community via livestreams and webinars.
- You are responsible for always learning and building processes. One of your biggest challenges will be how to operationalize our transfer of knowledge and facilitate knowledge-share to and from the program to our time-strapped founders.
- You will assist out on other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of Newchip accelerator and venture fund, some of which we don’t know about yet, and some of which you will assist to define.
- You may be responsible for a new product, revenue line, or initiatives implementation, team selection, hiring, and initial growth strategy to test to market as part of our internal incubation team.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics, accounting, and an MBA, (graduated or graduating in the next 12-24 months) – we review holistically so if a past startup founder, no formal education is required.
- Ambitious and flexible, prepared to frequently step out of your comfort zone, work hard to deliver the team’s goals, and have a desire to create a positive, happy work environment.
- A strong drive and the ability to self-direct, especially on multiple projects at any one time. Our work and time is open-ended by nature and you must be able to identify and execute on opportunities to contribute to the team with little, if any, management or direction
- Personable, engaging and able to build relationships quickly and easily.
- Able to research, assimilate and communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly in writing and verbally. You will see the big picture, and you’ll sweat the tiniest details.
- A leader, and are able to initiate change with an ability to listen, counsel and coach.
- Have had exposure to the technology industry within a startup, leading technology company or consultancy.
- Have an outstanding network in the US startup scene.
- Graduated from a leading university with an excellent academic record.
- Underwrite and evaluate investments based risk and return fundamentals
- Assist with deal structuring and the evaluation of term sheets
- Prepare discounted cash flow analyses, competitive market analyses and development model analyses for current and pipeline opportunities
- Join meetings with current and pipeline company management teams and co-investors
- Assist in the preparation of pitch decks for companies
- Limitless curiosity about business models, competitive dynamics and innovation
- An interest in diving deep in more than one investment category, gaining exposure to companies across the financial technology landscape including cryptocurrency, trading platforms, data businesses and technology companies.
- Passion for high quality work and the ability to relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- Interest in pursuing personal and professional growth by learning new principles
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office — specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Have been an assistant or played a support role at a previous organization
- Passionate about working in the Austin startup scene and ensure companies succeed.
- Organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- Write things down. You document your process and maintain records so that if you got hit by a bus we we’ll be very sad but still able to continue operating.
- Are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully.
- Have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- Are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and use a password manager.
- Comfortable with the Google Apps suite of products. You’re eager to learn about new tools and ways to be more productive.
- Get to Inbox Zero every day.
- Don’t gossip and have discretion.
- Have a cover letter and resume that demonstrates strong attention to detail and appreciation for a polished product.
- Starting pay of $20-$50 per hour, depending on level of experience
- Potential for full time hire with industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space working with hundreds of startups
- Market leader in compensation to include: salary, performance incentives, and equity/stock options
- Organizational remote team culture with team flown in quarterly to meet up at our HQ in Austin, Texas
- Comprehensive team Medical, Insurance, Dental, Vision, Disability, and 401k Program Benefits
- Leader in PTO: 14 Days Vacation, 10 Company Holidays Per Year, 4 Days Medical Leave, & Election Day
- Monthly planned company, departmental, and team outings to build team culture and engage community
We’re looking forward to meeting you and wish you the best of luck in the recruitment process!
If interested, please apply here.