Laconia is a venture capital firm that leads seed rounds in B2B software companies revolutionizing legacy industries.
The team is small and tight-knit, with just six full-time members. Interns get full exposure to all aspects of the business, gaining exceptional insight into the inner workings of a venture firm. Laconia’s culture is collaborative and transparent, both internally within the firm and externally within the venture ecosystem as a whole.
Laconia typically has 2-3 interns year-round at any given time:
- Winter/spring: typically January through May; part-time (~20 hours per week)
- Summer: typically May through August; full-time (~30 hours per week)
- Fall/winter: typically September through December; part-time (~20 hours per week)
Interns receive a weekly stipend that equates to approximately $20/hour. Interns are typically undergrad or grad school students, though anyone is welcome to apply.
- Assisting in the venture capital investment process. Specifically, they work to identify investment prospects, review pitch decks, support due diligence on prospective companies, research industries and competitors, and write investment memo drafts
- Attending industry-related events such as demo days and pitch meetings
- Consulting portfolio companies on business strategy and tactics
- Supporting other various Laconia operational activities such as fund marketing, fund administration, and contact management
- Excellent quantitative, research, and writing skills
- Strong interest in venture capital investing
- Passion for identifying promising high-growth businesses
- Ability to initiate projects and work independently to tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills; experience with design tools such as Figma is a plus
- Basic understanding of financial statements: balance sheets, cash flows, cap tables, and P&Ls
You can submit your application here when applications are open. If applications are currently closed, you can submit your information here to be notified once they open up again. If these links do not work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!