H/L Ventures seeks an enthusiastic, innovative, and dedicated Platform Intern to join our team, working with and reporting directly to H/L’s Vice President of Platform. At H/L Ventures, Platform Internship activities touch a variety of areas, including but not limited to community building, platform tools, new business lines, diligence, research and analysis, portfolio support, events, content and marketing – with sourcing in mind.
The Platform Intern will be wearing many hats and will be switching between investment-related activities and community-related activities. They will be helping to manage:
- The engagement of several distinct yet interconnected groups and communities (Portfolio Team, Founders, Venture Partners, Trusted Partner Network, Service Providers, among others), through virtual and in-person events (the latter taking place only where appropriate, safe, and fully compliant with COVID-19 guidelines);
- Tools, resources, and processes that guide these groups and communities (including research and providing fulsome analysis on new findings), including community building tools, portfolio management tools (we use AirTable), productivity management tools (our Portfolio Dashboard – also on AirTable), Founder Portal and Resources (H/L Wiki), surveys, intake forms, and more.
- Financial modeling, projections, diligence support, market research support – as needed on projects.
- Our visibility, including but not limited to our job board and talent network, web presence, sand other projects on our roadmap, such as newsletter launch.
- The research, thesis development and memo creation for new lines of business for the firm, including our Managed Services Practice.
• Trustworthy. Deep sense of integrity and exceptionally good judgment.
• Committed. Passion for positive social impact in a strong innovation sector; devoted to
innovation and entrepreneurship; exhibiting a desire to work hard in a start-up
• Technically-Adept. Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite (including Office, Outlook,
PowerPoint, and Excel), Google Suite, currently working with OR researching tools like AirTable, Notion.so, Zapier, CRM tools, data entry/ form tools (Typeform), and content platforms such as Substack.
• Infinitely Curious and Product experience focused. Motivated by the drive to learn more, research more, and test assumptions. Finds joy in reading Product Hunt.
• Academically Qualified. Excellent academic performance;
• Hard-Working. Possessing a strong work ethic, responsive, and attentive to detail. Stays
until the job is done;
• Professional. Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and discretion, including situation appropriate work and communication style.
• Positive. Helpful can-do attitude; strong ability to build and curate relationships and trust; do-any-job attitude;
• Proactive. Confident, with the ability to work flexibly and autonomously in an open ended,
self-directed work culture.
• Organized. Advanced organization and multitasking skills, allowing effective prioritization and meeting deadlines without fail.
• Detailed. Ability to produce well-designed, professional products in Microsoft Word and
• Communicative. Possessing extraordinary communications skills, including written, verbal,
• Additional Helpful Qualifications. Helpful if the candidate has some experience in the
The Platform Intern will have an opportunity to attend portfolio update calls, investment diligence calls (where appropriate), Venture Partner and All-Hands calls, networking events, etc.
This is a unique opportunity for an intern to get a holistic view of the role Platform plays in the VC and startup ecosystem, get educated on all aspects of VC firm processes and actively contribute. This is a paid internship.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to H/L’s Vice President of Platform Galina Ozgur at email@example.com.