FinTech Collective is a global early stage venture capital firm focused on technology startups with the potential to reimagine financial services. The firm, founded in 2012, has deep experience investing across capital markets, wealth management, banking, lending, payments, insurance, and crypto/blockchain. The managing partners of FinTech Collective met in their mid 20’s and then helped build, scale and sell four fintech businesses generating over $1.5 billion of shareholder value.
Backed primarily by institutional investors and a small handful of tier-one financial institutions from around the world, FinTech Collective has invested in 43 portfolio companies and is currently investing out of its third fund, a $150m+ early-stage fund. Some notable investments include Anyfin (Stockholm), Axoni (NYC), Flutterwave (Africa), IMMO Capital (London), Minka (Latin America), MoneyLion (NYC), NYDIG (NYC), Ocrolus (NYC), Quovo (NYC, acquired by Plaid) and Vestwell (NYC).
FinTech Collective is seeking MBA students interested in gaining hands-on experience with venture capital investing or looking for a career in fintech. The internship will provide exposure to the full investment cycle from first meeting through funding, and the Associate will work closely with the Partners and the Investment Team on active deals over the summer. The Associate will also participate in meetings with prospective startups / CEOs.
The paid internship will be a full-time position for at least 10 weeks over the summer and based in New York City (with opportunity for remote as well). For exceptional candidates, there will be an opportunity to join as a full-time Associate post-graduation.
We run ourselves like a start-up which means the culture is relaxed but hard working – humble, but direct.
The Associate will split his or her time between deal activity that supports the Investment Team and a research project associated with one portion of our thesis.
In supporting the Investment Team, the Associate will:
- Review and screen prospective investment opportunities, including meeting with entrepreneurs
- Work closely with the Partners and Principals to assist in diligence of investment opportunities
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of Investment Recommendations to the firm’s Executive Committee
- Support the firm’s weekly fintech newsletter, read by over 12,500 subscribers.
As part of the internship, the Associate will choose a “major” (primary research topic) and “minor” (secondary area of interest) and do an industry research project. In performing research, the Associate will:
- Work with the Investment Team to select a fintech topic of interest which is aligned with a portion of the firm’s investment thesis
- Conduct primary and secondary company and market research to support, prove or disprove the thesis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly analytical with financial modeling experience in Excel
- High emotional and intellectual intelligence
- Self-starting, ambitious, ready to make a mark
- Has worked on fun, interesting, possibly quirky side projects involving technology
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st. The cover letter should be brief and highlight why you are interested in venture, startups, and fintech.