B Capital is looking for a Summer Associate Intern who will join Healthcare Investment team for the upcoming summer. The ideal candidate is a first year MBA student, a medical or doctoral student in life sciences, willing to commit 10-12 weeks to a virtual internship. Primary responsibilities will be sourcing new opportunities, researching markets, evaluating deals, and conducting detailed due diligence in Healthcare subsectors (digital health, health IT, biotech, or innovative med tech). This requires maturity, flexibility, a willingness to learn, and proven record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
Basic Job Responsibilities
- Develop investment theses. Our associates are closest to the markets and drive large pieces of our investment blueprint and market landscaping.
- Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.
Deal screening and evaluation
- Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies.
Deal process utility player
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., technical, market, competition, audit, tax, legal, financial modeling, etc.).
Basic Job Requirements
- Current MBA, PhD (life sciences) or MD student expecting to graduate in 2023 from a top-tier US-based graduate program
- 4+ years of relevant work experience strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier consulting firm focused on healthcare opportunities, investment banking on a healthcare team, operating experience either at a healthcare company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent)
- Passion for disruptive innovation.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Prior VC/PE investing experience not required, but a plus.
About b Capital
B Capital Group is a multi-stage, international investment firm founded in 2015. Investing in companies transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies, B Capital leverages a global team of seasoned experts, as well as its strategic partnership with BCG. The firm helps founders navigate business challenges, raise capital, and attract talented leadership at every stage of the startup lifecycle. B Capital invests in enterprise software, consumer enablement, financial services, healthcare, and industrial and transportation companies. The B Capital portfolio includes global, industry-leading companies like Atomwise, Carro, Dailyhunt, Datarobot, Evidation, Icertis, Innovaccer, Ninja Van, Tuhu, and Yalo. For more information, visit bcapgroup.com.
b Capital Group Core Values
- B Honest & Trustworthy – Our people and our culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other. We speak the truth with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, are intellectually open, and are constantly learning and growing.
- B Open & Inclusive – Our diverse composition gives us broad and varied perspectives that drive better investments. We find ways to better ourselves and our communities, increasing transparency, fairness, and respect in every interaction. We thrive on the unique qualities of our people, and how together, these qualities make us special.
- B Collaborative – We believe in we vs I, and operate as one global team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and that we are better together. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- B Bold – We take risks and understand that at times we may fail. We learn from our failures; we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- B Humble – We are humble and believe in winning together with gratitude, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. We are low ego, and lift each other up.
- B Persistent – When we get knocked down, we rise back up. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that only grit can help us overcome. We know our individual and collective goals and won’t stop short of achieving them. We work hard and play hard.
- B Evolving – We innovate and advocate with boundless curiosity and creativity. We always have a startup mentality.
If interested, please apply here.