APX is Europe’s leading very-early-stage VC. We are offering a fantastic professional growth opportunity as a Corporate Analyst (paid internship) for four to six months to support our Venture Development team remote or at our Berlin office, who can join us as soon as possible.
Based in Berlin and backed by Axel Springer and Porsche, we invest in the most ambitious pre-seed startups from Europe and beyond – often as their first investor – and support the startups’ on our shared journey until their successful exits.
As part of the Venture Development (VD) team, we are looking for a Corporate Analyst to support the strategic partnerships and growth manager. The VD team works closely with founders of our portfolio and helps them grow, generate momentum in the market, prepare them for their next investment round and develop their go-to-market strategy. To reach this objective, APX supports startups with topic-specific venture support, weekly strategic check-ins, pitch coaching, personalized mentoring, as well as numerous practical workshops. On top of that, we provide founders with immediate, exclusive access to the networks of both Axel Springer and Porsche and our extended, global business and investor network.
The partnerships and growth are key elements in the VD team. That’s why we’re always looking for opportunities to bring them closer to prospects by facilitating business partnerships through corporate innovation programs, as well as putting on business events and workshops.
What you’ll be working on
As a Corporate Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in our overall strategy of the strategic partnership and growth manager and would hands-on with our B2B portfolio companies and supporting the founders while building and strengthening the APX corporate and Mittelstand (SME’s) network. You will be responsible for mapping the German and European industries, engaging with relevant stakeholders through our network, evaluating new business opportunities, leveraging existing partnerships, and maximizing their potential to generate significant business for our portfolio companies.
Since this is a new role, your responsibilities will also include but are not limited to:
- Market research and analysis of potential business opportunities, partners and companies, and extracting actionable insights from a large database to support the growth of our B2B portfolio companies
- Identify and research key players and generate interest through calls, e-mails, leveraging personal networks, and following up on a generated lead.
- Design and execute the APX corporate champion network
- Manage a variety of sales automation and online prospecting tools
- Growth experiments (help setting up, executing and validating growth activities in B2B Sales & marketing)
- Conduct and prepare professional research reports according to identified focus areas for internal and external purposes (e.g. reports and blog posts)
Who we’re looking for
- Analytical and detail-oriented mindset: gathering and analyzing data and mapping out business opportunities and challenges,
- Expertise in sales pipelines and funnels, and passionate about all aspects of B2B lead generation, including outbound email template creation, marketing tools, cold calling.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you spot opportunities every day to shake things up and expand our access to different companies. You love to juggle between projects with many different technologies, markets, industries, problems, requirements, etc.
- People-oriented: as part of your role you will be required to cold call and present APX and our champion network. Therefore, you need to be able to speak with people in different positions and find out the best way to engage with them.
- Self- starter: Individual with a strong determination and ability to take initiative and be non-fearful of rejection, able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, also in remote work environments
- Excellent communication skills: Fluent in both German and English. Any additional EU language is beneficial.
- Willingness to start early as possible and ready to commit to at least 4-6 months.
We encourage smart, fast learners that have excelled in business or academia before (independently of their academic background) to apply.
What we offer
- Gain ownership of an integral part of APX operations as a key member of a high-performance team;
- Exploit substantial creative freedom to carry out smart ideas and implement new processes;
- Become part of a forward-thinking, cooperative, international, and diverse team of colleagues in one of Europe’s leading early-stage investors;
- Potential opportunity to work from a high-energy, fast-moving office location;
- Connect with hungry founders at the forefront of technology;
- Build and engage with a comprehensive network of stakeholders, including investors, shareholders, mentors, and experts.
APX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress or speak, or whom they love, believe in, or aspire. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.
Join us on our mission to become Europe’s most active very-early-stage VC investing in pre-seed startups who aspire to establish a global footprint. We want to be the first investor in the tech unicorns of the 2020s coming out of Europe while building a better future for its startup ecosystem together with a global network of co-investors.