AlpInvest is a leading global private equity investor, with more than $49 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2020 and more than 170 employees across offices in New York, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, London, San Francisco and Indianapolis. AlpInvest manages primary fund commitments, secondary investments and coinvestments for investors worldwide. AlpInvest operates as a subsidiary of The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG), a global investment firm with $230 billion of assets under management and more than 1,800 employees as of September 30, 2020. For more information, please visit http://www.alpinvest.com.
Why work for us
AlpInvest Partners offers a great opportunity for students to gain an insight in the international world of private equity and direct exposure to AlpInvest’s investment teams around the globe.
AlpInvest Partners offers a great opportunity for a Master or third year Bachelor student (business-related university degree) with an interest in responsible investment / ESG and analytics that would like to gain an insight in the international world of private equity. The role will be focused on developing a benchmark of private equity fund manager ESG performance and reporting of ESG information to our fund managers, investors and other stakeholders. You will be closely working together with the Responsible Investment Officer and get direct exposure to AlpInvest’s investment and reporting teams.
Duration: 3 months full time
Start date: March 1 (preferred)
Location: Amsterdam (once office has reopened, until then work-from-home)
Please submit your application (motivation letter + CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities
• Developing a benchmark for fund manager (General Partner/ “GP”) performance in responsible investment / ESG (environmental, social, governance), based on due diligence done by the AlpInvest investment teams
• Develop a format for an annual GP scoring report to provide feedback to GPs on their RI performance and suggestions for improvement.
• Assist in writing AlpInvest’s annual ESG report
• Additional project assistance, depending on time required for key responsibilities, related to analysis and reporting of ESG information to our fund managers, investors and other stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge and Experience
• No prior professional experience required
• Affinity with the area of responsible investment
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint)
• Relevant intern / working experience in a financial/consulting/business role or similar considered a plus
Education and Certifications
• Master or 3rd year Bachelor student (university degree)
• Concentration in finance, accounting, economics, or other business-related discipline, strongly preferred
Position-specific Technical Requirements
• High level of attention to details
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good written and oral communication skills in English
• Ability to manage work and a variety of projects occurring simultaneously
What’s on Offer
A challenging internship where you will be working on a project that is directly relevant for our fund managers, investors and other stakeholders. Direct responsibility, exposure to the broader organization, good supervision, and market-based compensation.
IF interested, please apply here.