New Enterprise Associates (you can call us NEA) partners with entrepreneurs to turn big ideas and bold aspirations into the products, services and solutions that will shape the future. With more than $23 billion of committed capital over four decades, we’ve invested in nearly 1,000 companies across many sectors, stages and geographies. We are investors; but we are also technologists, inventors, operators, physicians, researchers, marketers and, yes, even entrepreneurs. We bring all these disciplines together under one global fund, united by a shared passion for innovation and a collaborative culture. Our broad perspective and deep expertise allows us to spot trends early, move fast, and build to scale. We love what we do and we believe that our work will make a difference—from time-saving technologies to life-saving therapies, and a whole lot in between.
The NEA Fellowship is a two-semester-long opportunity for current students to work directly with the NEA investment team in New York. It is designed to provide an unparalleled experience focused on learning the business of venture capital and witnessing the building of companies from the ground up.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work Alongside Investment Professionals: You will have the opportunity to attend company and pitch meetings alongside NEA investment professionals, and will be responsible for various aspects of follow up, tracking, and investment research. You will manage a company tracker and stay up-to-date with emerging companies in various geographies. Additionally, you may have the opportunity to work with existing portfolio companies at the senior level by conducting research projects or putting together various market or competitive analyses.
- Develop Investment Theses: You will create and maintain market maps of key companies in sectors you and the NEA team are mutually interested in to assist with diligence and sourcing efforts.
- Designing and Executing Projects for the Broader NEA Ecosystem: Given the size of our fund, we have a lot of data. All of this data will be at your disposal to put to good use! As a Fellow, you will leverage our resources and guidance to design and execute a project aimed at greatly benefiting the portfolio and the overall NEA entrepreneurial ecosystem. This is your opportunity to add value in a unique way and cement your mark at NEA.
We are looking for a student who is involved in their university’s venture and entrepreneurship ecosystem, or who has a background in engineering, product, or design.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS
- Curious – Asking questions and pursuing the best answers is at the heart of what we do. Curiosity is what makes us pursue investments and build conviction around them.
- Collaborative yet Independent – We give you a lot of freedom, so it’s important that you’re comfortable in driving processes forward and taking initiative, while keeping team members informed and involved.
- Engaged – There is never a day when we don’t learn something new. It’s important to be constantly engaged and aware of new technologies and trends. This should be something you’re already passionate about!
IF interested, please apply here.