About DigitalDx Ventures
DigitalDx Ventures is a diverse, early stage, impact venture fund that invests in digital health startups that diagnose illnesses earlier, less invasively, more accurately, and less expensively. DigitalDx is majority women-owned and operated, and our portfolio companies have over 50% women founders, co-founders, and women in the C-suite. We focus on artificial intelligence technologies in diagnostics that help doctors better understand their patients’ condition and make more personalized and effective treatment decisions. Our team understands the scientific behind the field of diagnostics. The Partners have demonstrated abilities to find, support and create enormous value on both the venture and company sides.
About the Fellowship:
You will work side-by-side with DigitalDx’s team and receive active coaching and mentorship. You will work on a variety of daily business activities and special projects and learn up close and personal what VC investing is all about.
We are currently seeking fellows who are highly analytical and deeply passionate about digital healthcare startups. You will be a great fit if you are:
- Postgraduate, Masters or PhDs candidate currently pursuing a degree in Business/Management/Artificial Intelligence/STEM/ Economics/Science/Medicine/ Investment or other relevant degrees at a prestigious university
- A deep passion in startups, technology, venture capital, etc.
- Self-starter – able to take the initiative, prioritize and run on own with limited guidance
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial environment where things change constantly
- Open to learning new skills and taking on a variety of projects and tasks
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines at once
- Values-driven and adheres to the highest levels of professional and personal integrity
- Team player – happy to do whatever is required to support the team
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and articulate thoughts about companies and markets concisely
- Experience with family offices, fund of funds, placement agents, advisory services or endowments, is a plus but not required
- Experience at a competitive startup or VC firm highly preferred but not required
During this fellowship, you will be placed in one of two tracks, and we will prioritize those with certain skill sets based on the projects:
Track 1: Deal Flow and Analytics
1) Deal flow automation tool
Description: Building a machine learning tool which is trained by data from successful diagnostics companies with a UI that will allow new companies to easily input key company info
Desired experience: Machine Learning, AI, back-end or front-end programming experience
2) Market Research Analysis
Description: This team will be responsible for outputting data analysis based on topics related to digital diagnostics such as past deal flow, present focus and investment activity, and where investor money is headed in the future.
Desired experience: MBA, medical knowledge/competency, data analysis, work experience in Health-Care, Life Sciences, Venture Capital, Consulting or Investment Banking
3) Fund Modelling
Description: This team will be responsible for financial models related to fund past, present, and future performance
Desired experience: MBA, BBA, work experience in Venture Capital, Consulting or Investment Banking
Track 2: Fundraising and Brand Development
1) Fundraising (Opened to all)
All fellows will have the opportunity to learn how to pitch the fund and reach out to potential investors
2) Database maintenance
Description: Organization of our investors outreach database
Desired experience: Past experience with social media/ customer relationship management platforms such as Hootsuite and Streak
3) Creating a podcast series
Description: Do you have a creative mind? You will brainstorm with us, research certain topics and help us execute an interview series with our portfolio companies. You will have the opportunity to broaden the scope of this project and continue during this summer if you wish.
Desired experience: Previous podcast experience is great plus/ experience in transcribing interviews/ editing and recording files; If no experience however you have a great interest in learning the different skills surrounding the podcast creation, please specify it.
4) Research KOLS
Description: Research and organization of science research database. Will involve identifying top investigators and new studies to identify potential investment trends.
Desired experience: Ability to understand and interpret scientific articles, knowledge of research ecosystem helpful
Start Date: 13th of March 2021
End date: Mid-June 2021
Application Deadline: March 10th 2021 11:59 PM PST
Time Commitment: Various based on projects and your availability
Take note that this is an unpaid internship. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We are currently recruiting for the spring cohort, however you can express your interest for next cohorts as well.
If interested, please apply here: