UHG Ventures is pioneering a new category of venture capital. We are a business foundry; designing, starting up, and scaling businesses committed to driving disruptive, systemic change in the health care system. The UHG Ventures team operates as an independent fund of UnitedHealth Group while leveraging strategic dynamics and research insights to accelerate and advance investments. Our investments catalyze health care system changes that improve health outcomes, reduce medical costs, and create operating efficiencies for the health care system.
As a UHG Ventures Director, you will work closely with C-suite executives of UHG Ventures’ portfolio companies to support strategic growth initiatives and operational improvements, and with UHGV’s management to participate in new business building. New business building activities include market research and analysis, financial analysis, business plan formation, and deployment planning. Work with portfolio companies includes analyzing, recommending and deploying strategic initiatives and operational improvements, and mitigating business risks. Candidates should be able to gather business information and synthesize it logically and analytically and be able to effectively communicate the resulting new insights.
UHG Ventures is a dynamic member of UnitedHealth Group, one of the largest health care companies in the world. We’re doing everything in our power to make health care work better for everyone. That includes the entire spectrum of health care participants: individual consumers and employers, commercial payers and intermediaries, physicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and more. Join the UHG Ventures Team and you’ll find yourself working among the company’s most dynamic leaders; people who are decisive, brilliant, and passionate about creating solutions to help people live healthier lives. You’ll have the opportunity for continuous learning while building a foundation of skills that will help create your life’s best work.(sm)
Primary Responsibilities:The Director is a key member of UHG Ventures, who works across investment teams by supporting operations in Ventures’ portfolio businesses as well as advancing the investment process in new business concepts.
- Apply strategic health care theses to the development of new business models and the ongoing operations of portfolio businesses
- Perform quantitative and qualitative market and financial analysis
- Deliver clear, crisp, and comprehensive summaries of markets and associated opportunities and potential business plans
- Partner with portfolio management on strategic initiatives such as corporate strategy planning, project management, budgeting, and new growth programs
- Take ownership of key business initiatives for portfolio companies and maintain flexibility with evolving business priorities
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in moving work forward; finding and harnessing resources, and meeting tight timelines
- Manage ambiguity in terms of deliverables and scope that is inherent in building and growing new businesses
- Maintain and develop internal and external business partner relationships, including those with co-investors, business advisors, corporate development, accountants, lawyers and consultants
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university
- Currently enrolled in a Graduate degree program (MBA preferred) scheduled to finish by June 2021
- Must be willing to work out of Minnesota Corporate office
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered
- Strong analytical, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think creatively and comfort being hands-on in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years at a consulting firm or VC/PE firm
- Possess advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with external and internal constituents
- Excellent business research skills
- Demonstrated leadership, academic performance and intellectual curiosity
IF interested, please apply here.