Tower Research Capital, a proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a specialist in venture investing to drive the growth of an exciting new business: Tower Research Ventures.
Tower operates an industry-leading systematic trading platform, designed to attract the best quantitative traders from across the industry. As a global firm, trading on over 150 venues, Tower combines excellence in hardware and software engineering to provide cutting-edge access to the world’s capital markets.
Through the launch of a new venture investing arm, Tower seeks to identify seed and early-stage investment opportunities in areas related to its core business and beyond.
- Work closely with Tower’s senior leadership to lead the firm’s expansion into venture investing
- Help set the objectives, investment theses and sector focus for Tower Research Ventures
- Gather information from industry contacts and prospective partner companies to analyze financial data and create reports on market conditions and investable trends
- Identify and evaluate investment opportunities and present recommendations to the Tower Management Team
- Perform the financial analysis necessary to evaluate and optimize the potential of prospective investments
- Advise and assist portfolio companies to reach their objectives by leveraging experience in financing solutions, business development and growth strategy
- 5+ years of experience, with a minimum of 2 years in venture capital
- Extensive experience with revenue projections, cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- A undergrad degree from a top academic institution with consistent record of high achievement
- Experience investing in the finance and/or technology sectors
- Strong desire to be hands-on and willingness to build a new business from the ground up
- Detail-oriented and quantitatively-minded with strong business intuition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who can perform with minimal supervision.
Tower’s dual offices and garden roof decks are located in TriBeCa and SoHo, neighborhoods in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- 401(k) with company matching
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year plus 9 paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Reimbursement for health and wellness expenses
- Free events and workshops
If interested, please apply here.