Media Digital Ventures (MDV) is looking for an Investment Director to join the leading Media for Equity group in Spain with Antai Venture Builder and top Media groups such as Atresmedia, Mediaset, Grupo Godó or Vocento. Together with Antai VB founders and the Media associates, the Investment Director will be responsible for MDV’s current portfolio companies, look for new investment opportunities and the development of new business models based on the deployment of Media assets for B2C Startups.
Media Digital Ventures is the managing company of the first cross-media Media for Equity fund in Spain. This fund went from Zero to Top5 most active investors in Spain in just 3 years and has invested in 21 companies, 12 of them still under management. Companies such as Glovo, Waynabox, Housers, Prontopiso, Boxmotions or Volava are live on the current portfolio. MDV has re-structured its model in 2020 to scale even faster than it did the first 5 years.
Antai is an international online and mobile company builder which co-founded several fast growing startups, with operations in Europe and Latin America, including companies such as Wallapop, Cornerjob, Glovo, Marmota, ProntoPiso or Carnovo among others. Antai VB is a group composed of over 500 employees distributed across more than 20 countries.
As an Investment Director in Media Digital Ventures, you will be responsible for:
– Dealflow management and Startup analysis for new investment opportunities in B2C Startups
– Identify and analyze new business opportunities regarding the deployment of Media assets for Startups
– Actively monitor portfolio companies, being MDV’s Observer in Boards and Shareholders meetings
– Coordinate M&A operations related to MDV’s current portfolio companies (investment rounds, mergers, joint-ventures, acquisitions, sales…)
– Foster synergies across portfolio companies
– You will be part of a small and motivated team with a very flat organizational structure, having direct exposure to all MDV and Antai network of partners and companies’ CEOs, COOs, CMOs and CFOs
What are we looking for?
– 4-7 years of previous experience in Venture Capital, analyzing startups, negotiating SHAs and networking with national investors
– Experience in portfolio management and keeping great relationships with entrepreneurs
– Highly analytical mindset and strong interpersonal skills
– Passion for the digital sector and entrepreneurial mindset – MDV is both an investor and an Startup by itself
– Ability to clearly communicate ideas and influence cross-functional teams
– Ability to present complex information in simple terms
– Ability to manage tasks across multiple investments
– Spoken and written English and Spanish
– Previous experience in Spain’s Start-up investment environment is highly valued
– Previous experience in advertisement, especially in mass media campaigns, is highly valued
What do we offer?
– Competitive compensation
– Be part of a young and fast-growing group
– Excellent work environment and motivated people
– Work in one of the most relevant tech and entrepreneur hubs in Southern Europe (Barcelona Tech City – Pier 01) in the seaside offices in Barcelona
– Deep Networking with Top Investors and Top Media Associates
If interested, please apply here.