Industry Ventures is a leading investment firm focused on inefficiencies in venture capital and technology growth equity. The firm was founded in 2000 and manages seven secondary funds and four hybrid funds of funds with over $2.0 billion of institutional capital. Industry is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Washington, DC.
Industry Ventures is seeking a Vice President to join our growing team in San Francisco. The Vice President will primarily assist the Managing Directors within the firm’s hybrid fund of funds strategy, known as Partnership Holdings, to source, analyze, and execute direct co-investments in leading early and mid-stage venture backed companies. The Vice President will also assist with primary fund commitments and secondary purchases of LP interests. This individual will be expected to work one-on-one with Managing Directors of the firm and with CEOs and senior professionals of the target companies and venture funds throughout the entire deal process and take on post investment portfolio monitoring responsibility.
The Vice President will:
- Source transactions through proactive outreach and networking with an emphasis on collaborating with the general partners in which Industry Ventures has a fund commitment
- Help coordinate transaction due diligence
- Create financial models and internal memos in order to analyze and evaluate potential investments
- Analyze and monitor current portfolio holdings by conducting calls and meetings with venture capitalists and management teams and by attending annual limited partner meetings
- Develop sector maps and monitor industry trends
- Work collaboratively with Partnership Holdings associates and interns and opportunistically with other members of the firm’s secondary team
- Assist in various operational activities
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution
- MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in direct investments (venture, growth equity or buyouts), fund of funds investments, technology investment banking, corporate development, management consulting, and/or operating roles within venture-backed startups
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Comfort working independently with limited oversight
- Proactive, entrepreneurial attitude with flexibility to take on special projects
- Deep understanding of and interest in the financial and technology markets
- Appropriate balance of confidence and humility
- Exemplary record of deep collaboration with internal and external personnel
The expectation is that this is a long term role with the firm with the potential for advancement. Compensation is commensurate with experience and will include a base salary with an annual performance-based bonus.
Please direct all inquiries and resumes to Roland Reynolds (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ken Wallace (email@example.com).