White Star Capital (LinkedIn, Angel.Co, Facebook, Twitter) We have come a long way since we launched White Star Capital three years ago and 2016 afforded us some phenomenal milestones in our portfolio. Our core focus from day one has been to find and support companies scaling from well-developed but under-served VC markets and supporting them to scale globally through our presence in London, New York and Montreal. Between the acquisition of Dollar Shave Club from Unilever for $1B, the large rounds raised by KeyMe ($40m) and Freshly ($21m), and the seven new companies added to our portfolio in 2016, we are thrilled to see what is next in 2017. Our portfolio companies now employ more than 1,000 people in 32 cities around the world, generating combined revenues of over $375m.
Our role in Canada has certainly evolved as we quickly built a brand as a leading early stage fund across the nation and kept affirming our excitement about the ecosystem. White Star Capital’s portfolio in Canada includes successful companies such as mnubo, IMMUNIO, Salesfloor, Drop and Busbud. This summer, we wish to undertake a special project to further study the Canadian tech and VC ecosystem as well as drill down on its success stories. We are looking to hire an intern who shares our excitement about Canada and can help us with this project.
Ultimately, this is an applied research and analysis role to do a deep dive on Canada from a VC perspective
What we are looking for in a candidate:
· Passion for the Canadian tech and VC ecosystem
· Solid research and business writing skills, candidate must have ability to take large amounts of data and illustrate in visual and compelling ways in a presentation
· Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
· Ability to work around 6–8 weeks during the summer starting late June / early July (timing is flexible)
· Capability of taking initiatives, working autonomously, rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done
· Excellent organizational skills with a “self-starter” mentality and a strong attention to detail
· Bilingual (English/French) is a plus
· Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of Bachelor’s degree or Graduate program in business, engineering or related fields.
This is an unpaid internship, however the benefits of the role include
· Ability to work with small team of experienced VCs and learn about VC’s perspective on macro factors in Canada
· Taking ownership of distinct research project that you will see through from start to finish and will get distributed externally
· Working out of Espace CDPQ, an investment and development hub containing 8 investors (including a few other VC and Seed funds) right in Place Ville Marie
· Attend Montreal tech related events on behalf of White Star
· Access to a network of fellow White Star VCs in New York, London and Paris
· Essentially great for someone looking to start building a network in VC and gain some experience in the space
To apply for this position:
Visit Here, & simply fill out this form. We aim to conduct a quick but thorough process to have the right candidate join us towards the start of the summer. We look forward to hearing from you and can’t wait to add a new exceptional element to our team.