Anthemis is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of startups and financial institutions dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital world. We are committed investors, thoughtful advisors, active conveners, and dedicated problem solvers who share a passion for technology and a belief in the transformative power of digital financial services. We work with a diverse group of customers and partners – from start-ups and venture capital firms to corporates – catalysing and accelerating positive and disruptive change across the financial industry.
We’re seeking a New York-based Principal to add to our venture building team. The successful candidate will be tasked with co-managing two of our vehicles one focused on female fintech founders and one focused on the intersection of media and finance. The Principal will be tasked with developing new, digital-era concepts and ventures within the sectors. These will be realized as pre-seed startups. Our venture design process is best delivered by people with both digital product design and entrepreneurial skills, combined with team, product and project management ability.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the two vehicles, drawing intelligence from other Anthemis and Archer Gray venture design and investment activities as well as the broader ecosystem.
- Help founders bring concepts from an initial idea through to a product demo or solution design, which involves identifying market opportunities through analyzing market signals and uncovering user needs through primary research, then transforming those insights into tangible solutions.
- Run workshops and oversee research & development activities combining external client attendance with designers, developers and strategists.
- Support the development of startups from an entrepreneur in residence (EIR) to seed stage investment through advice and domain expertise.
- Help raise external awareness of activities to help attract and recruit team members and EIRs.
- Help curate and manage a fundraising community with a wide range of investors (angels and VCs) who are actively making investments into seed stage companies in these sectors.
Female Fintech Founders Vehicle Description
Anthemis’ Female Fintech Founders vehicle is focused on supporting female entrepreneurs that are looking to start fintech startups. We will look to work with top tier women who are in the early stages of developing an idea in the financial services industry, but aren’t quite sure how to begin and need support in terms of human and financial capital. This will focus on all sector of financial services, in line with the primary thesis of Anthemis Group.
Anthemis x Archer Gray Fund
Anthemis is partnering with Archer Gray to invest in and build the next wave of financially- integrated media ecosystems. As technology is unlocking new forms of media and digital assets, and enabling new means to co-create, consume, distribute, and finance content, this vehicle will mine the financial layer of the media industry to optimize these shifts and build new paradigms.
Archer Gray is a media production, finance and venture investment company driven by a passion for innovation, integrity, and results. Through its venture arm, Archer Gray invests in innovative early-stage media companies. Through its content arms, Archer Gray brings a unique blend of expertise to developing, financing, and producing original stories with commercial and artistic appeal. The company prides itself on partnering with those who share our commitment to transparency, collaboration, and inclusion.
- Project and team management – demonstrated by relevant experience, such as leading product development teams or consulting projects.
- Digital product management or product/service design – demonstrated by a portfolio of examples, such as mobile applications, user interfaces (UI) or user experiences (UX).
- Entrepreneurship – demonstrated by previous experience in a management/leadership role within a startup, leading an innovation initiative within an established company, or similar entrepreneurial activities.
- Business knowledge – demonstrated by relevant education (e.g. MBA) or work experience performing activities such as evaluating businesses, developing business models or assessing market size/dynamics.
- Financial services domain expertise – demonstrated by experience working in the financial services sector.
- Generous contributions towards healthcare, dental and vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan with company contribution
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday in addition to US Government holidays
- Weekly catered team lunches
- Flexible hours/work from home scheduling
If interested, please apply here.