We’re hiring! BBG Ventures is looking for an associate – both consulting/finance types and operators are encouraged to apply. The Investment Associate will be an integral part of the BBGV team and will engage in a broad range of work including: managing deal flow pipeline, supporting our investment process through due diligence, sector research, internal operations, supporting portfolio companies and representing BBGV at various industry events. Details below.
- Associate on the BBG Ventures investment team, based in our New York City office.
- Evaluate potential investments in early stage companies, including meeting with management teams, conducting financial due diligence, engaging in market research, and running competitive analysis.
- Contribute to debate on investment theses.
- Assist in the preparation of internal fund models, valuation memos, and investor updates.
- Work with BBG Venture portfolio companies on selected projects.
- Manage internal BBG Ventures deal pipelines and status updates.
- Lead special projects to build a best-in-class venture firm.
We are looking for a candidate who is at least 4-5 years out of an undergraduate program with either venture capital (preferred), investment banking, management consulting, private equity or tech company operating experience, or has recently completed their MBA (preferred, but not mandatory). We expect this to be a minimum 2-year role, after which the Associate will likely launch a company or join a startup – however, there is runway for you to stay on with the team.
- Deep analytical skills (modeling and back of the envelope).
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Hungry, team-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and a start-up mindset.
- Intellectual curiosity, and the ability to offer well-defended opinions.
- Enjoy mixing with the technology start-up, incubator/accelerator, and venture community.
- Demonstrated passion for consumer and the new generation of commerce, software, and technology companies, and a deep respect for entrepreneurship; prior entrepreneurial experience or work with start-ups is a plus.
How to Apply
Please submit a short introductory paragraph, relevant social media links, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org