Established in 2013, Sherpa Foundry (LinkedIn, Twitter, Crunchbase) builds bridges between select corporations and the top entrepreneurs, investors and emerging companies in Silicon Valley and beyond. We filter the noise across the expansive technology landscape and deliver to our Member corporations a curated flow of strategic insights, connectivity and actionable deal opportunities. Our platform is powered by a dedicated team that is deeply embedded in the ecosystem and our Members benefit from the collective knowledge, relationships and daily activities of the professionals from both Sherpa Foundry and Sherpa Capital. Our member base includes industry defining leaders such as Salesforce, Deutsche Telekom, NBCU, DeNA, eBay, Conde Nast, Majid Al Futtaim and Target, amongst others.
Our team is growing rapidly and we are seeking to bring onboard our first Associate to support the Partners and help scale the Foundry platform. Associates will be involved across all areas of our business, including researching key trends and assessing new markets, proactively sourcing and qualifying startups, creating landscape reports and market maps, organizing private events and supporting our general operations. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology, building authentic and lastings relationships, connecting the dots between startups and corporates, and who can operate in an environment with significant flexibility, freedom and responsibility.
Role & Responsibilities
- Direct support to our Coverage Partners and CEO across a broad range of initiatives / deliverables for Members
- Develop sector maps, monitor and have points of view on industry trends, attend demo days, track top VC portfolios; regularly summarize insights, compile and distribute intelligence reports
- Identify startups with most compelling teams, tech and traction; create target lists, determine relevant recommendations and make direct connections between startups and Members
- Orchestrate private events, executive briefings, craft agendas and coordinate end-to-end for visiting executives
- Manage internal operations such as weekly roundup meetings, CRM system, research dbases, etc.
- Total of 2-5 years of proven performance in investment banking, venture capital, corporate development, business development or strategy consulting type roles
- Fundamental passion for and broad knowledge of the technology industry with exceptional intellect, drive, integrity, ownership, attention to detail and
- Born to network, astute at building relationships and connecting the dots between players
- Exceedingly positive attitude, humility and willingness to roll up sleeves in a startup environment
- Strong cultural fit tantamount, we are a tight-knit, cross-functional team that avoids politics, moves quickly, and creatively leverages limited resources
- Unique platform for someone seeking career experience that spans venture capital, corporate development, business development, innovation and strategic advisory
- Daily access and exposure to C-level executives from forward thinking global corporates, top startup founders and their venture investor backers
- High degree of autonomy and flexibility in managing personal time and schedule
- Travel as appropriate, both domestically and internationally
- Competitive compensation, perks and equity upside
Please contact Min Park at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this open position.