UnitedHealth Group is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The VP of Technology Strategy works collaboratively with the UHG Ventures Principals and broader team in the formation of new businesses and the support of existing businesses to meet business goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate for this role will bring strong IT, product development, and project management skills, and healthcare experience, with the ability to work in a matrix environment with a the ability to positively influence other functional areas.
- Supports the creation of new businesses through:
- Identifying technology approaches as a strategic lever and differentiator for the company to win in the marketplace
- Understands market players and drivers of technology innovation to apply to new business concepts
- Understands business process requirements to define supporting technology needs
- Designs technology strategies and supporting architecture to meet business process and consumer needs
- Considers reporting requirements and data needs to effectively manage the business
- Establishes technology roadmap and associated capital investments required
- Ensures superior consumer experience through the deployment of supporting technology, people and processes
- For existing businesses, the VP of Technology Strategy partners with portfolio company management and the Ventures team on the deployment of technologies to create efficiencies, implement compelling consumer experiences and drive profitability
- To include such things as, but not limited to, product roadmap development, software selections, and implementation oversight
- Works with new and existing businesses to establish technology partner / vendor relationships with clear metrics, outcomes and deliverables
- Creates bridge between portfolio business IT strategy / operations and “scale” businesses within Optum or UHC to support current and future integration needs
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience
- 5+ years of health care industry experience
- 5+ years of working in product development
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent data analysis skills with the demonstrated ability to turn analysis into action
- Understanding of Optum / UHC operating systems and infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or IT
If interested, please apply here.