LDV Capital (Linkedin, Crunchbase) is searching for a summer intern to join the team from May – August 2018. The individual must desire to learn the ins and outs of early stage venture capital. They will receive hands-on training and mentorship while meeting and collaborating with entrepreneurs and startups across the globe.
Technical intern must have a deep-seated interest in computer vision, entrepreneurship and venture capital and be looking to learn more about venture capital, business operations, due diligence and how to run a successful start up.
LDV Capital, based near Union Square in Manhattan, invests in people building Visual Technology businesses who leverage technology to entertain, increase efficiency, and solve problems. Typically we work with deep technical teams who are leveraging computer vision, machine learning and artificial intelligence. LDV portfolio companies have raised capital from Sequoia, Union Square Ventures, NEA and other top tier funds.
- Aid in technical research and due diligence for potential investments
- Assist in testing products and services
- Research deep-technical computer vision, machine learning and AI trends
- Compile short and focused reports
- Collaborate on development of LDV Platform tools such as LDV Vision News & LDV Pong
- Participate and contribute to weekly team deal flow and operations meetings
- Participate in events that help build the ecosystem for diverse entrepreneurs in tech such as LDV Vision Summit & LDV Community
- Computer Science student with focus on computer vision or machine learning.
- Experience prototyping/developing computer vision algorithms
- Studies in vision-related software development and design
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and their applications in image/video processing
- Experience with computer vision libraries (OpenCV, etc.)
- Passionate about your goals and our vision
- Knowledge and curiosity about the startup and visual technology sector
- Proficient in using web based tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven self-starter and independent worker with track record of continuous self-improvement
- Ownership of your own projects, from start to finish during the internship
- Interact and learn from venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and technologists
- Great entry point to start or join an exciting startup
- Introduction to a network of investors, startups, and serial entrepreneurs in New York, Silicon Valley and Europe
- Class credit (if your school approves participation)
- Opportunity to be behind the scenes at our LDV Vision Summit on May 23-24 in NYC
- Small monthly stipend
- May – July/August
- 40 hrs/week
- 9AM-6PM (flexible)
If interested, please apply here.