If you’re passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, let’s talk.
Number 57 on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Places to Work.
JOB SUMMARY: Leads small to moderately complex projects or some subsets of larger projects to achieve desired business objectives. Assists in identifying and developing business process mapping with regard to data quality/integrity. Recommends, and implements policies and procedures for existing and new business processes. Recommends and implements business administration functions that support the business needs of the area.
Platform Associate position
- Support operations and platform in helping current startup investment portfolio and venture team be successful; Enhance deal flow
- Create and manage pilot plan for our Advisor Network with experts internal (and eventually external) to Nationwide
- Open Innovation
- Support new and existing partners including Techstars, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB), and investment thesis partners such as Mary Furlong Associates and AARP
- Support corp dev, m&a on joint ventures for revenue focused strategic partnerships and joint ventures
- Event and conference management
- Assist in tracking and estimating budgets for travel (conferences, diligence meetings)
- Working with partners for pre-conference events, dinners, etc
- Identifying conferences, investors, events related to our thematic areas
- Assist in launching monthly or quarterly newsletter to stakeholders (pilot internally, then expanding to external stakeholders)
- Assisting with special projects such as building new processes, programs, events, research deep dives, etc.
- Support the Investment Team: While focused on the portfolio, as part of the investment team, you would be making decisions alongside the current team for new and follow-on investments.
Skills needed in hiring support:
- A great teammate with a low ego who is self-motivating and takes initiative.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a love of process.
- Superb attention to detail – you need to be able to catch the corner case every time.
- Great attitude with the ability to embrace regular change as we continually improve processes.
- Your network in the startup ecosystem runs deep and wide. It’s something you take very seriously.
- You have desire and ability to learn about venture capital, new domains and technologies quickly.
This position is not:
- A venture associate position nor a partner-track role. Instead, it is an ideal opportunity to immerse yourself in the tech industry / venture community and learn the art of company building from a team of skilled investors and operators.
- Focused on sourcing or directly entrepreneur-facing. Rather, you will work to help review, analyze, and prioritize existing deal flow.
- All glamorous. It involves a lot of behind-the-scenes work doing research, finding resources, managing projects, keeping track of things, following up, etc.
Reports To: May lead associates on projects of a smaller scope
Key Responsibilities :
1. Leads small to moderately complex business projects to achieve desired business objectives. Manages all aspects of projects, including planning, communication, execution and completion.
2. Monitors time lines, including regularly re-assessing risks, throughout project life. Makes recommendations to revise project plans on an on-going basis to maintain alignment with other projects and the business strategy.
3. Logs issues, designs processes and implements solutions. Maintains awareness of customer and systems requirements and conforms to those requirements.
4. Coordinates internal and external resources, budgeting and cost containment.
5. Assists and implements business process mapping with respect to correcting data quality/integrity issues.
6. Develops, and implements complex business processes that support business requirements and business strategy.
7. Recommends and implements policies and procedures for new business processes and assists in managing these processes upon completion of the project. Communicates process changes to impacted business units.
8. Provides training on existing and new processes to the assigned customer base.
9. May provide coaching and feedback to project team members on all aspects of project management.
10. Pursues continuous self-development in project leadership, applied and conceptual technology and business/product environment.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in business, mathematics or related field. Prefer degree or professional designation related to business function.
Licenses/Designations: Project Management Certification preferred.
Experience: Four years of work experience in project management, preferably in the insurance, investment or financial services industry. Experience with negotiation, delegation, mentoring, etc preferred. Business process mapping experience preferred.
Knowledge: Project management concepts and techniques; working knowledge of business terminology; business systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures. Knowledge of business-related systems concepts and requirements preferred.
Skills: Excellent relationship building skills. Strong project management skills such as organization, planning, interaction, project leadership and motivational techniques. Strong negotiation skills and data quality/integrity problem solving skills. Administrative ability to plan, coordinate and assess the work of others. Must have skills in training, and motivating project teams. Decision making skills for problem identification and selection of alternatives. Good verbal and written communication skills at all levels for technical personnel and customer contact. Technical report preparation and formal presentation skills. Operates effectively in an environment of deadlines and high workloads. Adjusts schedule or work hours to meet changes in priorities.
Staffing exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by: Business Unit Officer and HR Officer.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
JOB CONDITIONS :
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
If interested, please apply here.