JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The Strategic Investments team (part of Corporate Sector, Private Investments) is seeking a Vice President/ Executive Director with corporate finance, problem solving, influencing, and relationship building skills to partner with line of business (LOB) executives, other banks and market structure players in analyzing and executing strategic market structure/financial technology principal investments. These initiatives address a range of topics at the top of senior management agendas and are primarily sourced by LOB executives. Initiatives are executed in partnership with lines of business and functional group to deliver end-to-end principal strategic investing services. The role is based in New York.
The SI team partners with LOB Sponsors to ensure that JPM:
(I) achieves its strategic objectives via minority principal investments in leading and innovative market structure and financial technology companies
(II) maintains a robust control environment associated with such strategic principal investing activities, and
(III) optimizes financial returns
LOB Sponsors own the strategic investment positions with support from the SI team which actively manages a Strategic Portfolio of >100 private investments of strategic value to JPMC ($2bn+ in value).
- Reviewing and screening potential market structure/financial technology principal strategic investments, acquisition opportunities in partnership with and on behalf of LOB Sponsors
- Executing the related transaction (conducting due diligence; helping structure the deal and negotiate terms vis a vis counterparties that often include other banks and market structure firms in industry consortia; interacting with lawyers and other internal or external subject matter experts; obtaining required input from LOB Sponsors on key issues; helping obtain approvals; closing the deal)
- Monitoring selected Strategic Investments portfolio companies (quarterly valuations and write-ups, monitoring relevant developments, assisting in selected strategic initiatives such as M&A, follow-on investments, divestitures, making recommendations on corporate actions to LOB Sponsors)
- Maintaining active dialogue with LOB executives.
- Candidates should have a superior undergraduate academic record
- 8-12 years of prior experience at a leading firm in Investment Banking/Mergers & Acquisitions and Principal Investing (private equity or venture capital) with a focus on financial services and/or technology.
- Advance degree preferred
Solid track record of investment experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong judgment, self-starter and an ability to independently, while working collaboratively within a team
- Analytical and strategic fluency
- Comfortable at the board and C-suite levels
- Knows FinTech space (key players, investors)
- Robust interpersonal and influential skills
- Professional maturity and personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
If interested, please apply here.