IrishAngels Ventures (LinkedIn) seeks a Senior Associate/Vice President (SA/VP) to join the organization. IrishAngels Ventures is a first-time fund so flexibility and an entrepreneurial mindset are essential. This is a high-risk, high-reward opportunity for the right individual. As a key contributor to the team, the SA/VP will focus on internal firm operations, new investment opportunities, and portfolio company management and reporting.
This individual must have a strong background in startup operations, banking, private equity, or venture capital. Five years of work experience is required, and an MBA is strongly preferred. Please note that a Notre Dame degree is not required for this role.
The skills essential to success in this position include project management, data analysis, financial modeling, business writing, and sales/networking. Candidates must have attention to detail and the ability to execute quickly and effectively. Comfort with ambiguity and a collaborative approach are critical to success.
- Manage IrishAngels technology and software platforms, including the website.
- Ensure compliance with IA’s security policy.
- Execute the social media and blogging strategy.
- Coordinate and distribute press releases for all new investments.
- Manage the internship program.
- Plan events for LPs and portfolio company CEOs as needed.
- Assist in deal sourcing.
- Conduct initial interviews with companies.
- Maintain the IrishAngels deal database.
- Conduct industry research to stay on top of trends that are relevant for IA’s investment thesis.
- Own the due diligence process and memo creation, incorporating improvements and updating templates and resources periodically.
- Manage the deal close process (i.e., documentation and reporting).
Portfolio Company Management & Reporting
- Work with fund administrator to manage quarterly and annual portfolio company reporting.
- Assist accountant with audit, taxes, etc. as needed.
- Collect, record, analyze, and report on all IA data and metrics (i.e., KPI dashboard, unrealized return analysis, anti-portfolio, etc.)
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of all limited partner communications.
- Make connections and provide assistance to portfolio companies, largely through networking.
- Strong investment background having completed numerous transactions at an investment bank, private equity firm, or venture capital fund ORrelevant experience operating a startup at the executive level.
- High interest in and acute understanding of entrepreneurship and what it takes to be successful as an entrepreneur.
- High risk tolerance.
- Self starter and comfort with executing when there is limited information and/or guidance available.
- Intellectually curious and a fast learner.
- Effective networker and high comfort interacting with senior level executives on a regular basis.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High level of maturity; strong executive presence.
- Able to work independently or in a team setting.
- MBA or other advanced degree is strongly preferred.
If interested, please apply here.