Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for digital startups. With 120M Euro under management, Speedinvest works side-by-side with early-stage entrepreneurs to build great companies. Thanks to our hands-on model, our global partner network and our operations in Silicon Valley, we have managed to become one of the main focal points for the European startup community. Speedinvest has successfully invested in companies such as Shpock, Tourradar, Wefox, Bitmovin and Wikifolio.
As a Speedinvest associate you play an active role in investment transactions from start to finish. You will be responsible for trend scouting, deal sourcing, due diligence for investment opportunities and financial modelling. Furthermore, you will support the investment manager in terms of monitoring of the existing portfolio companies and providing operational support to them.
- Source and screen companies relevant to our investment hypothesis
- Perform in-depth technical and commercial due diligence
- Calculate captables and perform company valuations
- Prepare summary materials and present investment recommendations in deal meetings
- Actively monitor portfolio companies and help with key strategic projects
- Represent Speedinvest at conferences and events
- Supervise junior analysts by training them on investment analysis
- Overall support for investment managers including administrative duties such as reporting, meeting preparations, and other tasks
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in informatics, physics, automation engineering and electronical or mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment or (inhouse) consulting within an industrial company or consulting company focusing on manufacturing
- Good numerical skills and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of industrial SME’s, industrial production processes and value chains
- An ability to build and maintain a professional network in the European industry ecosystem
- Excellent German and English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization. You possess a “can-do” attitude and take initiative
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
What we offer to you
- A competitive salary and further monetary benefits
- Work in inspiring environment directly with senior partners and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Opportunities to work in Vienna, San Francisco or Berlin
If interested, please apply here.