Envision Ventures is an independent, evergreen, and stage-agnostic $150 MM venture capital fund that invests in category-leading companies in the areas of Data, Security, and IoT. By investing out of an evergreen fund with no end-of- fund life—thereby avoiding many of the conflicts typical in the venture industry—we take a true long-term, entrepreneur-aligned, and differentiated view to financing.
The Fund was founded in 2015 and has made 12 investments to date. The portfolio is comprised of established and emerging category leaders including Baffle (Series A), ChargePoint (Series F), Orbital Insight (Series C), ProtectWise (Series B), PubNub (Series C), and ZingBox (Series B). Other representative investments can be found at: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/envision-ventures
We are all entrepreneurs who have started successful companies to change the world for the better. The Fund is led by Dan Ahn, who has 20+ years of experience as a venture capitalist in Silicon Valley. He was the lead investor and founding VC of numerous successful companies, including AutoGrid and ChargePoint, and is a former entrepreneur.
Envision Ventures is hiring an Associate or Senior Associate to participate in the end-to- end investment process, ranging from market category identification and research, thesis generation, deal sourcing, deal execution, and portfolio management. The Associate will work directly with the Managing Partner as part of a lean investment team.
- Leading internal research and thesis generation for market categories of interest
- Drafting and articulating research, investment memos, and ad hoc analysis for the investment team
- Engaging closely with the broader startup, investor, and technology communities in Silicon Valley
- Supporting and cultivating relationships with Envision Ventures’ network of entrepreneurs, advisors, portfolio companies, limited partners, and other investors
- 2+ years of prior experience in venture capital, management consulting, major tech companies, and / or startups—preferably in product management
- Demonstrated passion in technology and startup investing—especially in enterprise software
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working as part of a lean investment team in an unstructured environment
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university; MBA from top school optional
Why This is a Great Opportunity
- Opportunity for broad responsibilities
- Opportunity for long term career – partner track potential
- Attractive and differentiated fund structure
- Fund’s proven ability to invest in oversubscribed, category leaders
- Direct mentorship from seasoned managing partner
If interested, please submit a resume to Tom Seo – firstname.lastname@example.org