Siemens Healthineers AG (“Siemens Healthineers”) is a global leader in medical technology with a strong position at the core of clinical decision making with its key areas of Diagnostic Imaging, Laboratory and Point of Care Diagnostics, and Advanced Therapies. Siemens Healthineers has unique breadth, depth and relevance given the product portfolio and geographic reach that covers the entire continuum of care, for all major diseases and all critical departments.
The global market for healthcare is undergoing a massive transformation with multiple trends motivating healthcare providers to manage health (vs. sick care), industrialize and to consolidate. Siemens Healthineers is uniquely positioned with healthcare providers to expand precision medicine, transform care delivery, improve patient experience and digitalize healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is focused on driving share gains in adjacent growth markets, increasing share with leading providers and driving our own digital transformation.
In fiscal 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, Siemens Healthineers generated revenue of €14.5 billion and adjusted EBIT of €2.5 billion.
In November 2017 the company announced the intention to become publicly-listed; and successfully completed the IPO on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange in March 2018. The 2018 IPO was the second biggest in Germany since 2000.
Siemens Healthineers has established its own Corporate Venture Capital team which operates separately from next47, the Siemens AG Corporate Venture Capital team. The Siemens Healthineers Venture Capital capability is part of the Siemens Healthineers Ventures and Business Development team.
Ventures And Business Development Team
Inorganic growth is a critical element of the Siemens Healthineers strategy. The Ventures and Business Development Team, which is part of the global strategy organization, focuses on the inorganic growth of the global Siemens Healthineers portfolio by developing the M&A pipeline and by strategic venture capital investing.
Key Functional Responsibilities
- Manage process for dynamic and healthy M&A pipeline
- Create the M&A road map in partnership with the businesses and M&A team
- Support the businesses in the early gates in the capital approval process
- Create the VC strategy and manage the VC investment processes
- Establish effective processes for investing in, partnering with and incubating early stage companies to realize new avenues of growth and innovation
Team members develop relationships across the organization including significant interaction with business leadership, strategy organization, mergers & acquisition team, technology scouting teams and other functions involved in M&A and VC and business incubation. The SI VT team has visibility with executive leadership of Siemens Healthineers.
Siemens Healthineers is hiring a key individual for the global Ventures and Business Development (SHS ST VT) team focused on corporate development which includes M&A pipeline and venture capital topics. This person will report to the global Head of Ventures and Business Development. This is an individual contributor role at the Director level. The preferred location for the position is either Tarrytown, NY which is commutable by public transportation from NYC, or Erlangen, Germany which is the Siemens Healthineers Global Headquarters.
The selected candidate will collaborate closely with the Siemens Healthineers businesses and the Head of Ventures and Business development to develop a robust pipeline of inorganic opportunities. The overall mission is to provide an agile process to maintain a robust pipeline of investment options. Key focus areas include:
- Developing the M&A road map for the company which includes:
- Work collaboratively with the businesses to develop and identify high priority action fields of strategic relevance
- Assess and prioritize the action fields
- Identify targets in aligned action fields
- Lead the strategic evaluation/desktop due diligence of identified high priority targets
- Support the businesses through the early gates of the capital approval processes by ensuring highest levels of quality and providing value-added strategic evaluation/insights
- Consolidation and prioritization of opportunities across the portfolio with quarterly tracking and updates to executive leadership
- Top down identification of opportunities in addition to those identified through the businesses
- Support VC activity relevant to Siemens Healthineers long term strategy
- Project responsibility for venture capital topics including preparation of VC annual report for senior management, managing the quarterly VC investment review process, VC market research and maintenance of the VC tool kit
- Participate in VC execution and project manage VC transactions
- Develop and prioritization of key action fields relevant to Healthineers strategy
- Maintain VC pipeline; manage VC pipeline tool
- Research and develop investment thesis in key VC action fields
Education And Languages
- Advanced degree in Finance/MBA from international business school or equivalent experience necessary
- PhD or advanced degree in relevant field would be ideal
- Fluent English (Written, Oral, Negotiations); knowledge of German is a plus
Professional Experience And Qualifications
- 7-10 years of work experience relevant to the position requirements
- Strong understanding of healthcare landscape and the dynamics of the in-vitro or in-vivo diagnostics industries is required
- Consulting, Corporate Development, M&A or VC experience is required
- Strong quantitative and financial analysis skills is required; need to be proficient in excel, data analytics, power point
- Experience with data bases (CapitalIQ, Pitchbook, Salesforce.com) a plus
- High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, continually seeking ways to improve
- Making Complex Decisions. Great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available. Is a quick study. Able to see multiple futures and solutions. Adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best solution given the situation.
- Keeping on Point. Can quickly separate the mission critical from the nice to dos and the trivial. Quickly senses the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical tasks that really add value.
- Well Organized and Resourceful. Effective and efficient at marshaling multiple resources to get things done. Able to get things done with less in less time. Foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Getting Work Done Through Others. Collaborative and able to lead others when not the leader by hierarchy. Gets the most / best out of people. Sets and communicates goals; measures accomplishments; holds people accountable and keeps people informed.
- Communication. Knows how to relate effectively with multiple levels of the organization including top management. Able to convey insights to multiple audiences in multiple mediums.
- Flexibility. Can do attitude with high energy and driven to realize results. Comfortable with “roll-up-the-sleeves” culture where individual accountability for team success is important
If interested, please apply here.