The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are seeking a Venture Capital Principal to support PV’s Partners on investment transaction-related efforts, and sourcing/leading his/her own investments, including developing financial models, performing primary and secondary market research, meeting with entrepreneurs, and attending relevant conferences and networking events. The Principal will be expected to source a growing number of investment opportunities and formulating proactive investment theses on areas of interest. This position will provide all facets of analysis and assessment of potential venture capital investments and portfolio management activities, and the Principal should show the ability to establish “go-to” relationships with prospective company management teams when leading investment processes. The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes Providence mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, he/she serves as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop financial models relating to VC financing transactions, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events.
- Perform due diligence such as customer and management references, industry research (e.g. market sizing and mapping and competitive landscape analyses), while demonstrating the ability to form a viewpoint on investment opportunities.
- Craft investment memoranda and presentation materials for the partnership, and in a lead investor capacity, to include developing and refining presentation themes, data gathering and synthesis, and constructing professional presentation materials.
- Work with portfolio companies to enhance operations and performance, report on portfolio company’s performance and supporting them on ad hoc projects.
- Create processes and infrastructures to ensure long-term scalability of PV’s investment process.
- Demonstrate an ability to leverage an existing network of relationships that can enable the professional to source a growing number of compelling investment opportunities.
- Show a maturing ability to present investment opportunities to PV’s Executive Investment Committee.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance or Technology-related Field
- 8 years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, strategy consulting, relevant corporate development role, or some combination of the above. Or, strong entrepreneurial experience (e.g. from launching a tech start up), in conjunction with demonstrated facility in all financial aspects of transaction-related work
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of businesses in technology, software and digital media.
- Ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent investment judgments.
- Excellent organizational skills with a “self-starter” mentality and also a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Strong financial modelling capabilities / Professional Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Direct or indirect exposure to healthcare technology businesses
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Master’s Degree in Business/Finance or Technology-related Field.
- A small but growing team – we’re good at what we do and enjoy working together.
- Autonomy and respect from day one
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
- Great pay
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
- The best tools money can buy
You’ll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
As employees of the Providence Digital Innovation Group, we passionately serve the people of our community. We are dedicated to removing obstacles that limit access to quality health care and enabling people to live healthier lives.
ABOUT Providence Health & Services:
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit organization, employing more than 100,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area (Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon, and California). We operate 50 hospitals, 829 physician clinics, 22 long-term care facilities, 19 hospice and home health programs and 693 supportive housing units in 14 locations. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. The Providence network includes Swedish, Kadlec, Facey Group, Pacific Medical Centers, and St. Joseph Health.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
If interested, please apply here.