NextGen Venture Partners is a seed stage fund that benefits from 1,000 entrepreneurs and executives who are Venture Partners with the firm, participate in the investment process, and have co-invest rights with the fund. NextGen is looking for a seed stage investor to be the sole full time person in the Bay Area. The primary responsibility is sourcing and structuring 3-4 new investments per year, although there is additional responsibility for stakeholder engagement in the San Francisco Bay area, including portfolio companies, current and potential co-investors, current and potential Venture Partners, and current and potential Limited Partners. Successful candidates will have a strong local network and several years of experience driving early-stage or seed deals at a venture fund or as a dedicated angel investor.
- Identify and cultivate startups that have extraordinary potential
- Evaluating investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence
- Negotiate and manage deal structuring
- Engage with stakeholders in the San Francisco Bay area, including portfolio companies, current and potential co-investors, current and potential Venture Partners, and current and potential Limited Partners
- Meaningful early-stage investment experience working directly with companies
- Strong existing network in the Bay Area
- Thrives working independently
Please send a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.