The Strategic Investment Principal leads Acquisition and Strategic Fintech Partnership/Investment opportunities for the Bank. They are responsible for all phases of corporate development and strategic partnership transactions leading cross functional teams to accomplish strategy development, sourcing, transaction structure, diligence, investment recommendation and negotiation. Transaction types include but are not limited to, acquisitions, joint ventures, equity investments, strategic partnerships, technology licenses, and divestitures within more traditional banking verticals as well as within the financial technology ecosystem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works closely with Head of Acquisitions and Strategic Investments to understand corporate strategy and priorities of the ASI organization.
• Partners with Bank line of business leaders to prioritize and proactively drive M&A and strategic investment funnels aligned with the Bank’s strategic vision, including driving market intelligence as well as outreach, cultivation and evaluation of potential targets.
• Leads and develops acquisition/Fintech partnership strategy including defining/refining business case, establishing appropriate transaction structure and leading valuation analysis by overseeing the development of complex financial models.
• Leads cross-functional teams based on diligence needs to develop appropriate assumptions and synergies for the purpose of validating the business case and financial model as well as identification and mitigation of risks associated with the transaction.
• Develops a holistic view and recommendation of the investment opportunity and leads transaction recommendation by overseeing preparation of deliverables and presenting transaction strategy, valuation (business case) and diligence findings to executive management.
• Enlists the help of project managers to ensure diligence and integration work streams are consistent with deal timeline.
• Leads negotiations with target and serves as the primary contact with the target until close.
• Maintains responsibility for managing investments post close, if applicable.
• Keeps informed of market trends and analyzes the effect of these trends on ASI objectives and investment portfolios.
• Keeps current on the legal, regulatory and tax issues with respect to investment transactions by consulting attorneys, accountants and other resources as needed.
• Ensures a maximum rate of return from transactions consistent with an acceptable level of risk and participates in providing periodic updates on ASI total shareholder return to the appropriate investment committees and executive management groups.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervisory role. As such, is responsible for providing employees as well as other junior members of the ASI team timely, candid and constructive performance feedback; developing employees to their fullest potential by providing challenging opportunities; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
• MBA or CFA preferred.
• Ten or more years of investment banking, venture capital, private equity and/or corporate development experience within the financial services industry.
• Experience in and strong knowledge financial services industry.
• Outstanding analytical abilities; must be able to support and refute investment ideas with
rigorous and insightful analysis.
• Proven ability to build networks and positive working relationships with key internal and
• Excellent written communication and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, direct, and influence change.
• Must have expert level understanding of other Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong presentation skills, to include development and delivery of materials to clients and internal stakeholders.
• Ability to travel.
If interested, please apply here.