Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality, across many markets and applications. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Ventures, LLC, the venture capital arm of Applied Materials, Inc., invests in early-stage technology companies that promise to deliver high growth and exceptional returns. We are actively investing in deep tech startups in AI, AR/ VR, 3D Printing, Life Sciences, Autonomous Driving, Batteries, Advanced Displays and New Materials Engineering Innovations.
As a Principal, you will be driving the development of new investment theses, deal sourcing, and making investment recommendations to our Investment Committee. You will be responsible for directly managing some of our portfolio companies. Typical candidate will have demonstrated experience investing in managing startup engagements.
- Source, Lead, and Own investment opportunities and the process to assess them and their value to AMAT/AV, working with or through others.
- Coordinate: IP analysis, compensation, other legal.
- Develop and Execute investment strategies and implementation plans.
- Assist/oversee in management of investments through life-cycle and exit: Including elements of JDPs and work within AMAT to achieve investment goals.
- Present to AV and VIC.
- Market AV in the investment community.
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- MBA and MS degrees are required; PhD is preferred
- 7 – 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
If interested, please apply here.