- BA/BS degree in a technical, scientific or business field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience on a startup founding team or as a startup investor.
- Experience mentoring or advising teams.
- Experience with startup and venture capital communities.
- Experience building culture in a high growth environment.
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and valuing acquisition and strategic investment opportunities.
- Project or program management, including setting up and executing projects and operational processes.
- Deep understanding of the tech world and insights into upcoming opportunities.
- Proven ability to mentor and lead team of founders and/or early employees and ability to replicate success.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including evaluating business performance.
About the job
Area 120 is a startup incubator inside Google. We invest in small, diverse teams of entrepreneurial Googlers that spend 100% of their time building new Google products and services from scratch. Over time these projects will grow to have significant global impact for Google and our users.
We source ideas and teams through both a regular bottom-up application process inside Google and through partner-led approaches both internal and external to Google. Successful teams continue in the program until they have generated sufficient value to graduate back to Google or within Alphabet.
As an Area 120 Partner you are responsible for providing ongoing leadership in Area 120. This includes identifying investment leads and advising teams on how to succeed within Google. You will also work with the Partnership to run an incubator, including defining and embodying the culture of Area 120, working with cross-functional partners to access the best of Google and pushing to make it easier to operate like a startup within Google.
Area 120 is a workshop for Google’s experimental products. One in which entrepreneurial Googlers can explore, build, and grow new businesses that have meaningful impact on the world.
- Be able to quickly understand the primary drivers of a variety of businesses, identify upside and diagnose potential pitfalls.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, including skills needed to assess, influence and garner trust from top talent and co-founders.
- Have the ability to listen to and interact effectively with team members and people across Google from various functions and cultural backgrounds. Be highly motivated, with a collaborative and sharing work style.
- Be flexible, resourceful, show high integrity in your work ethic and enjoy working on a small team under constraints.
- Be entrepreneurial, hands-on; have a problem solving attitude suited for working in startup environments.
If interested, please apply here.