Carolinas Fintech Ventures is hiring a Partner to join its small, dynamic team as it moves to raise and establish CFV as a premier early‑stage fintech fund in the Southeast. Carolinas Fintech Ventures is a $10MM financial technology‑specific venture fund based in Charlotte, NC. Deeply rooted in the Charlotte ecosystem, CFV aims to put Charlotte on the map by establishing itself as one of the premier early‑stage capital sources in the region. CFV receives most of its deal‑flow through Queen City Fintech, a financial technology accelerator. This individual should love working with passionate founders and getting deeply embedded into an entrepreneurial ecosystem. While fundraising, this individual should continually be networking with potential limited partners, advancing conversations forward, and driving the fund towards certain close goals. Post fundraising, this individual should assist in the deal sourcing and vetting process with the investment committee.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To segment, target and develop a network of strong relationships with high net worth individuals, and venture capital and family offices
- To structure and negotiate terms and conditions with various potential LP parties
- To conduct due diligence and prepare / review materials to be presented to the investment committee
- To develop a thoughtful business development / community outreach plan in order to grow awareness of the CFV opportunity and generate meaningful leads
- To develop a network of strong relationships with C / SVP‑level executives within the QCFintech Sponsors and Mentors
- To contribute positively to the CFV / QCF teams and collaborate with all founders within the QCF network
- Experience and knowledge of raising capital in within venture capital world
- Experience with early stage venture investment committee and due diligence process
- Passion for working with entrepreneurs and a growing entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Interest in the fintech ecosystem in Charlotte, NC
- Exceptional listening, communication and presentation skills with a track record of collaborating with senior management
If interested, please apply here.