We are a fast-moving, intensely curious early-stage investment group. We seek exceptional, inspired founders from around the world who will set the course for ground-breaking innovation in mobility, security, and the future of flight. Our vision is to continuously ignite interest in the wonder that is aerospace.
Airbus is in our DNA, from our legacy of innovation and industry expertise to our global network. It is an asset to every company we fund, if and when they want it. Yet we operate with autonomy and trust, from the investments we make to the technologies they develop; we independently support entrepreneurs with unique ideas, plans, and structures. We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and Paris and fund start-ups across the globe. We are a valuable, efficient, and energetic partner to those who recognize that advances in aerospace will impact all life on Earth and beyond.
Support Airbus Ventures in its growth phase by establishing East Coast presence of Airbus Ventures and contributing to the deal making practice (scouting, due diligence, post-investment management).
- Support Airbus Ventures CEO in defining, structuring and executing on the Growth strategy of the Fund.
- Benchmark VC practices and funding mechanisms
- Scout, perform due diligence and make investment recommendations on early stage deep tech start-ups.
- Operate within defined deal making / portfolio management processes defined by Airbus Ventures Governance.
- Ensure post-investment follow-up through portfolio management and facilitate interactions with Airbus Ventures’ parent company, Airbus.
- Realize exit and measure financial performances
Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- MBA or combination of education and experience.
- 5 to 10 years in the Venture Capital Industry / Investment Banking
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Experience engaging with Investors/Limited Partners.
- Experience with strategy development and demonstrated ability to drive achievement of strategic and financial business goals.
- Ability to assess and analyze business and financial impact of proposed initiatives and recommend appropriate action.
- Ability to manage cross-functional project teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead competitor and industry research to support business strategies, leveraging both public and non-public sources; expertise to provide strategic insight on current and emerging trends in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Venture Capital investment and/or investment banking focusing on scouting or investing in US technology companies
- Presentation / pitching capability
- Autonomy / Agility / Start-Up mindset
- Team Spirit
- Ability to operate in multi-cultural business environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence all levels of management cross-functionally and externally; ability to make things happen quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment.
- Excellent analytical, project, and process management skills.
- Excellent engagement, partnership, and relationship building skills, ability to lead and motivate others
- Strong organizational skills ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to interact with and influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Excellent end-to-end problem solving skills ability to diagnose complex problems, determine key findings and opportunities, prioritize strategic solutions, and present clear and comprehensive recommendations
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, including financial modeling and business case development
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Strong written and verbal presentation skills ability to communicate effectively and confidently
- Proficient in English, ideally also in French and/or German and/or Spanish
- At least 50% Domestic and International
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Be able to draft Investment recommendations (memo) to Airbus Ventures Investment Committee
- Financial structuring of the Fund, GP, Management Company to increase performance and credibility in the ecosystem
- Limited Partners
If interested, please apply here.