We are seeking venture capital investment professionals at multiple levels of seniority to join Saudi Aramco’s Venture Capital program based in Beijing or Shanghai.
Saudi Aramco is launching a major new global venture capital program with significant focus on the China market. The program will be investing in leading venture capital funds and directly into start-ups in diversified technology sectors, with a pure financial return objective. Investment will focus on high-growth sectors such as consumer, internet, e-commerce, social media, enterprise software, healthcare, fintech, deeptech, etc.
Saudi Aramco’s existing corporate energy venture capital program has established itself since incorporation in 2012 as a global leader in its field, having executed over 30 investments to date, co-invested with leading venture capital and corporate venture capital peers, established a track record of financial returns and deployment of portfolio technologies, and received recognition including the CEO’s Excellence Award and inclusion in Global Corporate Venturing’s ‘Powerlist 100’.
The China investment team is responsible for identifying, executing and managing venture fund and direct venture capital investments for the program in China, and generating an attractive financial return on investment.
These openings represent an opportunity to join a major new greenfield program working with leading players in the most dynamic sectors in the venture capital industry in China, backed by one of the world’s most influential companies with a proven track record in venture investing.
- As the successful candidate you will have a Bachelor and Master’s degree, preferably combining engineering/science
- and management/finance disciplines from a leading university. Professional certifications in desired skills areas
- are an advantage. E.g. CFA or equivalent.
- You will have a minimum of eight years’ experience combining venture capital, corporate venture capital, corporate development, consulting, investment banking, private equity, start-up leadership or related fields, with a minimum of four years in venture capital or corporate venture capital. Senior level roles will require commensurately deeper levels of investment experience, including Board experience, and a demonstrated track record in venture capital investing. Demonstrated experience in selecting, executing and managing Limited Partnership (ie fund) investments will be required for at least one position.
- You must be able to demonstrate investment experience across the full venture investment life-cycle and have the ability to work across international cultures. An understanding of technical and market trends in one or more technology sectors, and fluency in written and verbal Chinese and English are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be required to perform the following:
- Network and build relationships with leading investors and entrepreneurs in the China venture capital ecosystem to identify and secure attractive funds and ventures for investment.
- Assess opportunities rapidly and rigorously to ensure high quality investment decision-making.
- Participate in stage-gating decisions for new investments and contribute to opportunity prioritization, negotiating positions and diligence planning.
- Lead due diligence processes to validate investment theses and identify potential risk factors, including assess market opportunities, strategies, product, customers, team, technology and IP, supply chains, legal risks, company governance, etc.
- Lead negotiations with venture capital fund managers, negotiate limited partnership agreements for fund investments in association with counsel.
- Lead negotiations with entrepreneurs and investors, and develop termsheets and final transaction documents for direct investments in association with counsel.
- Develop investment memoranda for presentation to Investment Committee.
- Ensure effective closing processes.
- Post-investment, manage relationships with fund managers, entrepreneurial management teams, boards and coinvestors, to provide value-add to investees and ensure robust governance practices are in place.
- Participate on venture company Boards or in observer positions.
- Make and present recommendations for participation in follow-on capital raises.
- Provide inputs to periodic reporting on fund and direct venture capital investments.
- Represent the program at networking events and in speaking / panel engagements.
- Manage and develop junior-level analyst and associate staff members.
If interested, please apply here.