The Manager will work with the Ventures team across all aspects of deal sourcing, evaluation, and execution, including landscape research, theme development, company prospecting, term sheet drafting, financial modeling, due diligence, negotiation, and preparation of investment committee materials. The employee will interface with entrepreneurs, other investors, and Visa stakeholders and leadership.
- Autonomously identify, source, and evaluate early-stage startups aligned with Visa’s key investment themes and areas of strategic interest
- Build and manage relationships with external partners to generate deal flow, including with venture capital firms, accelerators, strategic corporate partners, and entrepreneurs
- Be an ambassador for Visa Ventures at external conferences and networking events
- Perform product, business, and financial due diligence on companies of interest
- Generate investment memos and related materials for Visa’s executive investment committee
- Coordinate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to evaluate opportunities and perform due diligence on investments
- Manage Visa’s portfolio of existing investments, including resulting commercial engagements
- Continually monitor and evaluate the payment and fintech landscapes to identify potential trends, opportunities, and threats
- BA/BS from a top-tier university in a quantitative or relevant field, such as computer science, math, engineering, statistics, finance, business, etc.
- 4-6 years relevant experience
- End-to-end transaction-execution experience related to investing or M&A
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about products, markets, business models, competitive landscapes, and their relevance to Visa’s business; understanding of the payments ecosystem is a plus
- Robust professional network and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with investors, entrepreneurs, and executives
- A deep interest in startups, technology and staying informed of the latest technologies and trends
- Proven ability to work independently, with limited direction, while managing multiple projects, often under tight deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to succinctly distill a large quantity of information and analysis for executive consumption
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills, including proficiency with valuation and financial modeling
- Deep interest in startups, technology, and staying abreast of the latest technologies and trends
If interested, please apply here.