This job supports Verizon Ventures (LinkedIn, Crunchbase), Verizon’s in-house venture capital fund. The manager monitors and assesses the performance of the existing portfolio of investments, maintains a database of critical portfolio investment details, develops pro-forma capitalization tables and waterfall analyses, evaluates potential venture investments as well as potential exit transactions, manages the process of executing approved investments, conducts benchmarking, and reports out on transaction activity, pipeline status, and ad hoc analyses. Deals with complex accounting, financial modeling, valuation, and asset management issues. Studies industry trends and competitor/peer intelligence.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Maintain comprehensive portfolio tracking database, and analyze the composition and performance of the portfolio.
– Work with accounting, tax, treasury, legal, and business unit experts to support pre-investment due- diligence activities, transaction closing processes, and ongoing internal and external record keeping and reporting.
– Build pro-forma capitalization tables and waterfall analyses to assess proposed investment and exit transactions.
– Develop presentations, reports, and recommendations for the senior investment team both with respect to individual transactions as well as the overall portfolio.
– Conduct internal and external benchmarking and review industry research to identify general trends and performance outliers.
– Perform rigorous investment analysis and financial statement analysis for new venture investment opportunities, including development of valuation models.
– Oversee external research and internal portfolio and pipeline analysis tools for the Ventures team, comparing alternatives available and negotiating contracts.
What we’re looking for…
- You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor degree in finance and/or accounting.
- 6- 8 years of experience in business development or corporate finance.
- Experience in financial analysis/modeling, including development of valuation models and capitalization tables.
- Experience in Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word.
- Experience in project/program management skills, with the ability to successfully manage dynamically shifting priorities and meet quick turn-around deadlines.
Even better if you have:
- MBA degree or CFA.
- 2 to 3 years of investment banking, asset management, management consulting, venture capital fund management, or corporate development experience.
- Experience managing the due diligence process.
- Understanding of the venture capital investment process and typical start-up capital structure.
- Extensive knowledge of finance/accounting required.
- Good writing, editing, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of telecommunications, internet, and media industries.
- Knowledge of the venture capital industry.
- Knowledge of research databases.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
If interested, please apply here.