The Investment Manager reports directly to the Head of T-Mobile’s Venture Capital program. T-Mobile welcomes the era of 5G with plans to build the fastest and deepest 5G network on the planet! T-Mobile will invest in innovative companies powering the development of T-Mobile’s 5G ecosystem including foundational technology, security, and new, amazing digital experiences – where T-Mobile can bring value to our portfolio as a strategic partner. Building on T-Mobile’s brand and business momentum, the Venture Program will build meaningful engagement with a host of top-tier entrepreneurs and venture partners to target innovation and investments that bring 5G to life!
With this in mind, the Investment Manager will:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to formulate investment theses and define key focus areas
- Build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships among the business units to evaluate opportunities
- Manage end to end full venture investment life cycle including deal sourcing, initial screening, evaluation, due diligence, negotiation, and execution
- Track and manage reporting of existing portfolio investments
- Understand and stay current with the innovation ecosystem, including the competitive landscape, industry news, trends, and investment/acquisition activity.
- Manage external advisor and vendor relationships for deal execution and associated research support
- Create and prepare materials for Investment and Advisory Committee meetings
- Direct both quantitative and qualitative investment case analyses, including valuation (e.g. comparables, discounted cash flow, internal rate of return), and strategic rationale.
- Guide and support business units in preparing and presenting investment opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships to ensure proper collaboration with internal organizations for execution
While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- 5 years of relevant work experience, ideally in venture capital, investment banking, PE, VC, management consulting, or corporate environment with meaningful acquisition and/or investment activity.
- Experience would specifically include analyzing new business opportunities and participating in acquisition, strategic investment, partnership, alliance or other related types of transactions.
- Understanding of venture terms and related investment documents, capitalization tables, disclosure schedules, etc.
- Executive presence and maturity to challenge thinking and present ideas at a senior level.
- Strong ability to navigate and lead cross-functionally; solid and broad business knowledge with the ability to understand business requirements and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a Finance, Engineering, or Strategy related discipline; MBA degree is a plus.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- An inspirational leader who has the ability to build a strong network across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth
- Confident in interacting with and influencing senior leaders; ability to analyze data, synthesize and present results to senior executives
- Comfortable building and evolving productive relationships with stakeholders at key partner companies
- Smart and innovative; ability to think outside the box
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and thrive in a fast paced, ever evolving environment
- Ability to gather and drive requirements, and conceptually transfer requirements into solutions that drive revenue growth
- Strong decision-making skills, utilizing data to inform decisions and identify financial impact
- Credible with the business
If interested, please apply here.