Solium is a fast-growing company where every team member is vital to success. If you have an unfailing commitment to excellence, alignment with customer interests and strong problem-solving skills, Solium welcomes your contribution to our enthusiastic team.
Solium takes cultural characteristics from the industries we draw upon. We develop and maintain a sophisticated set of enterprise software products, so we embody the casual style but relentless focus that is often associated with the tech industry. But we are also a client service organization, offering support to both corporate clients and their employees. We also employ a wealth of “numbers” people, those with backgrounds in math, finance and economics. And because we are a global organization, you’ll routinely hear English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Cantonese and other languages spoken in our offices. Solium offices are all about diversity. What unites us is a commitment to quality. We are all passionate people who bring our best in support of a singular focus, to be the global leader in our industry.
We think in terms of what-ifs and we answer with:
- Innovation – We create solutions and services that make the complex manageable
- Flexibility – We offer the choices that provide compliance and convenience
- Service – We demonstrate problem-solving, reliability and accuracy in everything we do for our customers
We reward our people with a competitive compensation and benefits package and a fun, flexible work environment.
We currently have a full-time, permanent opportunity in Solium Analytics for a:
Technology Valuation Manager
Our Valuation Services practice helps clients fulfill complex financial reporting and tax requirements by combining technical expertise, mastery of sophisticated valuation methodologies, industry knowledge, objectivity and independence.
Located in San Francisco, this position will be responsible for valuing securities in venture-backed technology companies, related to the issuance of stock options (i.e. 409a valuations).
- Performing valuation analyses on a wide range of venture-backed technology companies using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Designing and working with financial models, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses
- Function as the project lead for a portfolio of clients, running valuation engagements and handling communication with Founders & CEOs (including management interviews)
- Preparing and presenting the results of our valuation analyses in a clear and concise manner
- Manage, train and mentor a team of Valuation Associate(s)
- Help lead business development efforts; contribute directly to the development of proposals, presentations and publications communicated to current and prospective clients
- Perform in-depth client, industry, market and competitor research
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Management (with a concentration in Finance) or MBA from an accredited college or university
- Computer proficiency and ability to maximize applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and familiarity using other financial software applications
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Passion for venture capital and serving investors, innovative companies and entrepreneurs in this ecosystem
If interested, please apply here.