CIT GAP Funds seeks a full-time Manager of Portfolio Analysis for our location in Herndon, VA. This exempt position reports to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) / Managing Director of CIT GAP Funds, and plays an integral role within the CIT GAP Funds Investment Team by gathering and analyzing data in support of fund portfolio requirements and assisting executive management in conceiving new and innovative ways to portray the economic impact of CIT’s investment activity on the Commonwealth of Virginia.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is a list of functions essential to the performance of this job. It is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
The Manager of Portfolio Analysis is responsible for gathering and maintaining current and accurate information on the development of CIT GAP Funds portfolio investments and the performance of the CIT GAP Funds portfolio in order to meet CIT-internal reporting requirements and the performance reporting expectations of CIT’s Board of Directors and Virginia government oversight bodies.
- Lead quarterly reporting process with CIT GAP Funds portfolio companies, leveraging the relationship of the CIT GAP Funds Investment Team as required
- Conduct program of active secondary research to compile information on portfolio company achievements reported in the press or available through CIT’s Pitchbook subscription
- Support other portfolio company data gathering requests as required
- Work with CIO to examine and recommend tools and processes enabling data collection and analysis for immediate and evolving CIT GAP Funds performance requirements
- Function as CIT’s single POC with portfolio companies as assigned
Data Maintenance and Analysis
- Maintain current record of CIT GAP Funds holdings and portfolio company cap tables
- Work closely with CIT’s CIO in the implementation of CIT’s valuation policy in order to maintain an accurate fair market value for the CIT GAP Funds portfolio
- Maintain current model of financial returns for the CIT GAP Funds portfolio
- Work with investment team to maintain record of positive and non-financial impacts on Virginia’s entrepreneurial ecosystem generated by CIT GAP Funds portfolio companies
- Provides interface and regular updates in Pitchbook, CBNInsights and other subscription databases to maintain an accurate public view of CIT GAP Funds investment activity
- As needed, support meetings with CIT executive management and oversight bodies to understand and influence evolving information requirements requested of CIT GAP Funds
- Support CIT executive management with modeling and analysis to enhance understanding and outbound communication of economic benefits of CIT programs
- Provide monthly briefing to CIO and CIT GAP Funds Investment Team on portfolio company highlights and portfolio performance
- Support CIT’s CIO and CFO in information formulation in support of CIT’s Quarterly Board of Director’s meeting
- Work closely with CIT’s CFO and CIO in leadership of information analysis and packaging in support of CIT’s reports to multiple legislative and executive oversight bodies
- POC for ad hoc queries on company and portfolio performance from CIO, CFO and CEO
- Bachelor’s Degree in general business or finance with 3-5 years of professional experience required
- Proficient in MS Office with particular emphasis on Excel; Access database skills highly desired
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, interpersonal and executive-level communication skills required
- Previous experience in cap table interpretation, liquidation analysis and modeling and capabilities in company valuation highly desired
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player is essential
CIT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Submit Resume: email@example.com