Every firm has a culture – the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms – the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors – have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management firm that is obsessed with putting clients first – not because it’s good for business – but because we find, and hire, people that truly care about each and every client. We feel privileged to work with such a special group of clients, and find a great deal of satisfaction in not only providing them with the highest level of service, but also first-class performance and strategic advice. Our firm was founded in 1993 as an affiliate of Alex. Brown & Sons, a leading U.S. investment bank, and became independent in 1998. Today, we serve institutional and private clients in 50 states and more than 34 countries and territories from our 8 offices in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Carolinas, Delaware, London, New York, and Washington, D.C. While every investment firm tries to attract the most qualified professionals, we place a premium on only selecting those individuals who fit our culture and bring sought-after skills to our team. In fact, each of Brown Advisory’s 500+ colleagues own equity in the firm. Our ownership structure, collaborative investment process and client-first culture aligns our interests with our clients and results, which also reduces colleague turnover.
NextGen Venture Partners, a wholly owned subsidiary of Brown Advisory, is an early-stage venture capital firm bringing a service mentality to venture. NextGen benefits from a network of hundreds of part-time Venture Partners who participate in our investment process and may invest alongside our fund.
NextGen Venture Partners is seeking an Investor based out of the Bay Area, to source and execute early-stage investments. This role is for an individual who thrives working independently.
- Identify and cultivate startups that have extraordinary potential
- Evaluating investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence
- Negotiate and manage deal structuring
- Engage with stakeholders in the San Francisco Bay area, including portfolio companies, current and potential co-investors, current and potential Venture Partners, and current and potential Limited Partners
- 2-4 years of early-stage investment experience working directly with companies
- Existing network in the San Francisco Bay area
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
- Wellness program participation incentive
- Financial wellness program
- Gym membership discounts
- Fitness event fee reimbursement
- Corporate gym membership discounts
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
- Adoption Benefits
- Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Group Long Term Disability
- Personal Excess Liability
- Pet Insurance
- Errand-Running and Virtual Concierge Services
- 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
If interested, please apply here.