White Star Capital has had another tremendous year in 2017 and is once again looking for a talented individual to join our team this summer. Our portfolio companies now employ more than 1,400 people in 37 cities around the world, and have raised over $600m in funding to date.
Our role in Canada has certainly evolved as we quickly built a brand as a leading early stage fund across the nation and kept affirming our excitement about the ecosystem. White Star Capital’s portfolio in Canada includes successful companies such as mnubo, Salesfloor, Drop, Borrowell, Dialogueand Vention. This summer, we wish to repeat a special project we started last summer to further study the Canadian tech and VC ecosystem as well as drill down on its success stories. We are looking to hire an intern who shares our excitement about Canada and can help us with this project.
Ultimately, this is an applied research and analysis role to do a deep dive on Canada from a VC perspective
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- · Passion for the Canadian tech and VC ecosystem
- · Solid research and business writing skills, candidate must have ability to take large amounts of data and illustrate in visual and compelling ways in a presentation
- · Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- · Ability to work around 8–10 weeks during the summer starting in late May / early June to August (timing flexible)
- · Capability of taking initiatives, working autonomously, rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done
- · Excellent organizational skills with a “self-starter” mentality and a strong attention to detail
- · Bilingual (English/French) is a plus
- · Graduate student with some work experience is a plus as well but not a requirement
- · Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of Bachelor’s degree or Graduate program in business, engineering or related fields.
- The benefits of the role include:
- · Ability to work with small team of experienced VCs and learn about VC’s perspective on macro factors in Canada
- · Taking ownership of distinct research project that you will see through from start to finish and will get distributed externally
- · Working out of Espace CDPQ, an investment and development hub containing 8 investors (including a few other VC and Seed funds) right in Place Ville Marie
- · Attend Montreal tech related events on behalf of White Star
- · Access to a network of fellow White Star VCs in New York, London and Paris
- · Essentially great for someone looking to start building a network in VC and gain some experience in the space
To apply for this position, simply fill out this form. We aim to conduct a quick but thorough process to have the right candidate join us towards the start of the summer. We look forward to hearing from you and can’t wait to add a new exceptional element to our team.
For more information about our team, portfolio, and investment strategy, please visit: www.whitestarvc.com and APPLY HERE